• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Need Suggestions

X020179

Pro 1
Hey,

Right now, I’m interested in coming back to the game and I’m only a 96 OVR, and need some suggestions for the easiest and cheapest way to increase my OVR.

My current team is:

PG: 98 Russell Westbrook
SG: 99 Hamidou Diallo
SF: 99 Paul George
PF: 91 Nerlens Noel
C: 96 Steven Adams

Bench:

PG: 90 Malcolm Brogdon
SG: 90 Zach Lavine
SF: 95 John Havlicek
PF: 91 Paul Silas
C: 90 Patrick Ewing

The only player I’m willing to replace in my starting lineup is Noel, as I’m only pertaining to OKC players if I have to. Other than that, my entire bench needs vastly upgraded. I have a little over 52 million coins but I’m looking to stay around 45-47. Any suggestions are appreciated.

betaman411

All-Star 1
Well, you're currently getting about 1.6 OVR boost if you're a 96 (939 total). Even if you replace your entire bench with 96's, you 'd still be a 96 or 97 (with boost). I'd say a 96 bench player will run you 130-150's if you bid snipe a player with excess inventory on the AH. Best case, you get to 98 for under a mil.

With that much coin, I'd focus on players you actually want on your team (as you've done with your starters) and add higher OVR bench players to get to 99 or 100. The game isn't a lot of fun right now in SD or lvl if you're OVR is less than 98. With the caps currently in place, I'm not sure you'll need more than 50M to get the highest OVR team possible at the end of the season and don't forget your team also has value at any given point in time.

dub365

All-Star 1
Get 100 Parker for < 1.3 mil. 99 Harden <1 mil. Boosted Pierce < 1 mil. 99 Fry for bench < 1 mil. 99 Ibaka for starter <1.5 mil. And 99 Drummond for Bench < 1 mil. That's 6-7 mil but you'll be set up pretty well for OVR

X020179

Pro 1
Well, you're currently getting about 1.6 OVR boost if you're a 96 (939 total). Even if you replace your entire bench with 96's, you 'd still be a 96 or 97 (with boost). I'd say a 96 bench player will run you 130-150's if you bid snipe a player with excess inventory on the AH. Best case, you get to 98 for under a mil.

With that much coin, I'd focus on players you actually want on your team (as you've done with your starters) and add higher OVR bench players to get to 99 or 100. The game isn't a lot of fun right now in SD or lvl if you're OVR is less than 98. With the caps currently in place, I'm not sure you'll need more than 50M to get the highest OVR team possible at the end of the season and don't forget your team also has value at any given point in time.

My OVR isn’t 96 I forgot what it was so I took my best guess because I didn’t have access to the game at the time. Anyway, I’m extremely stingy about spending literally any coins, it took a lot of willpower to get that Diallo (got one for 2m and almost resold for profit) but to be truthful I’m not entirely ready to join and commit to a league anyhow so I’ll probably take whatever unauctionable cards I get for my bench. I’m going to end up with an all-time OKC/Sonics lineup for legacy anyways. Thanks for the help though.

X020179

Pro 1
Get 100 Parker for < 1.3 mil. 99 Harden <1 mil. Boosted Pierce < 1 mil. 99 Fry for bench < 1 mil. 99 Ibaka for starter <1.5 mil. And 99 Drummond for Bench < 1 mil. That's 6-7 mil but you'll be set up pretty well for OVR

I can snipe all of those for relatively cheap over time. Just have to decide if I want to actually upgrade my team for a league. Lol. Thanks for the suggestions

To easily increase ovr always start with the position with the lowest ovr average. I'd start with your PF since it has an average of 91 which is the lowest on your team then move on to the next lowest average position.

betaman411

All-Star 1
Well, if not for SD or lvl, why would you be concerned about increasing your OVR in the first place? If your mind is made up about an OKC/Sonics legacy team then just build around that and be done. Then I can guarantee you'll have 30M left to spend on pro packs! :p

X020179

Pro 1
Well, if not for SD or lvl, why would you be concerned about increasing your OVR in the first place? If your mind is made up about an OKC/Sonics legacy team then just build around that and be done. Then I can guarantee you'll have 30M left to spend on pro packs! :p

Lol. I was thinking about starting my own casual league. Not entirely sure yet though.

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.