• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Kobe Bryant killed in helicopter crash

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
you would like to think EA would make some kind of tribute or recognition to Kobe. even just on the news page
Well legally they can't acknowledge anyone that didn't say they could do that even if it's just a little news banner saying "RIP Kobe"

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
What about a statue at staples?
That will come what I don't like is people wanting the NBA to change the logo for Kobe or rename trophies that are already named after people what they should do is give the already nameless AS MVP a name by naming it after Kobe since he is tied for most AS MVP wins and that would give Kobe something of his own and not take from somebody else

Renaming Staples Center after Kobe would work as well but it's called that as a sponsorship deal with Staples so AEG who owns the Staples Center (and close to 1/3 of the Lakers) would need to end their deal with Staples for that naming right to be open

LowPost

Rookie 1
That will come what I don't like is people wanting the NBA to change the logo for Kobe or rename trophies that are already named after people what they should do is give the already nameless AS MVP a name by naming it after Kobe since he is tied for most AS MVP wins and that would give Kobe something of his own and not take from somebody else

Renaming Staples Center after Kobe would work as well but it's called that as a sponsorship deal with Staples so AEG who owns the Staples Center (and close to 1/3 of the Lakers) would need to end their deal with Staples for that naming right to be open

Agree 100%

betaman411

All-Star 1
I think Kobe is probably Top 10 All-Time (arguably Top 5 if you value the new era over old) but with all due respect, talk of retiring his number with every NBA team, changing the logo, renaming arenas etc. feels a bit over the top to me and more of an impulse reaction due to the tragic nature of his death. I even heard people complaining that the NBA didn't cancel 2-3 days worth of games as if that wouldn't cost tens of millions of dollars and throw a wrench into an already difficult scheudle to organize. It's obviously very tragic but I think those that knew Kobe personally have already said that he would prefer people keep living their lives and in this case, playing basketball, as a tribute to his life rather than some of these other ideas being floated.

Obviously, just one man's opinion but afer a couple of days to reflect on it, felt it was worth mentioning.

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
Yesterday I read they pulled all his shoes off the shelf or from being made, wonder what they planning.
All Kobe products were pulled Nike said it was to avoid people making money off of Kobe but what it does is limit the number of stuff making them more valuable on the resale market I'm sure they'll bring the stuff back but no idea when but what I do know is the Kobe shoe resale market is on fire right now

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
They were able to name drop Kobe with this pack but that's it
Screenshot_20200129-061048.png

Screenshot_20200129-060757_NBA Live.jpg

They should've added a boost for both sides of the ball like OBD and either 3pt, mid range, or post shot to represent Kobe's game on both ends of the floor

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.