• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Impressions of Season 4 thus far

I like the concept of upgrading your Superstars and lineups since it gives you goals to pursue. However, the live events take too long to complete. I’m at the stage now where I just want to log on, burn my stamina, and log off. Granted, we’re getting a lot of additional stamina right now because of leveling up, but the events still take a long time to complete.

The Tip Off campaign is more grindable than the Rookies campaign was at the beginning of Season 3 but it’s not very exciting in terms of rewards or masters.

I don’t like the card art at all. I guess it may improve as the season progresses but it’s easily the worst card art we’ve had.

I don’t understand the point of letting us keep all of our Season 3 items. So far the Multi-Year lineup has more use than Legacy Lineups ever did, but they could have easily had us lock in a final lineup if the cards were just going to sit in the inventory taking up space. Perhaps they have plans for them in the future.

League rewards...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

dub365

All-Star 1
I agree with pretty much all of that. I think they reversed their call on the S3 items. Brian walked back what he said and purportedly even deleted some discord posts regarding it. Makes Zero sense why we would still have these items. We should have all sold what we could a month back

I also feel like they crapped the bed with the whole Draft Expansion. Made a big deal out of getting a good rank. Hyped it. Gave out these MYSTERY GIFTS. Ppl who had the 20th pick are right there with ppl who had the #1 pick. The Mystery Gifts were garbage for the most part. Then the opening promo is totally dull. Couple promo boost golds and a promo boosted Master? So we can grind out some more garbage gifts? Just took all the excitement out of it for me. They should've structured it so it would take time to get all the Superstars. I currently have 4. Aside from having nthe shards to get my first pick a few levels above the others..... It made no difference who I picked first and why. Idk. Just feels lackluster and half thought bout like usual. And then you add all the usual bugs and issues and it's no wonder the chat in my league is crickets right now.....

We should have learned from previous seasons not to expect too much from gbe Draft. I remember I had 200 season tickets one year and got rubbish in return.

kirid96

Rookie 1
base card "art" look like mug shots
the extra layer of grinding for the GOTN credits on top of the actual event is mind boggling
brick wall concept was interesting except 50% of the time you end up losing the offensive board

letting you carry coins and players into the new season was the only positive and worth way more than those shoddy mystery gifts

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
Ya agree with u guys
1. Generally don't mind how the season is structured.. multiple goals. But the 50 stamina thing really limits actually playing the game..
2. The blitzes are extremely boring.. the irritating one is the 3 point one for embiid.. as usual all the shots miss .. had to stop playing that one bcz of losing stamina
3. I guess at this point, lvl wins giving stamina makes sense as stamina is so valuable right now.. same for pro packs.. whether this is a season long thing is what we have to wait and watch
4. Ya really don't like the card art.. I'm not particular abt card art in general but the game has a dull look bcz of this art.. also I wish full rosters of all teams were there.. don't mind the less elites but more golds to choose from.. been seeing this from last season why do they want us to have similar teams.. I don't get that

One word.......BORING! Same events structure (zones, zones and more zones), same gameplay mechanics (is it too much to ask to get one new dribble move in 4 seasons), same everything IMO. When a game forces you to just want to use your stamina and logout then I'm not sure its a game I wanna continue wasting time on. No excitement whatsoever. And all this in slow motion FML!

dub365

All-Star 1
I think the card art will be far better soon enough. The 81 boost cards like Adams are pretty nice. Just played a guy with him and the card looked great

dub365

All-Star 1
I'm also kinda ticked about LVL. It wouldn't be very hard to make it meaningful. Stamina is cool..... How bout give us some cards to work toward? The LVL objectives back in the day were great. Institute a timer to stop league hopping and we're all set. Doesn't even matter what your league rank is, cheating isn't possible and it gives everyone incentive to play beyond just wanting to win.

benkangquan

Rookie 1
Opponent hasnt logged on to S4 -> we cannot play our LvL Qs against them, how does this make sense ? In the last 2 seasons I am sure we can play

My big problem, inability to log in. See I can log in but not really log in, plus events take long to complete, plus it takes too long to load. Sometimes it won’t load and result in crash. This game, stupid

Altavilla

Pro 1
Posted this somewhere else but I guess this is the right thread...

""
I've often been the first to point out details about the game that I don't like so...

S4 is amazing so far.

1) I got to keep all my coins.
2) Gameplay has definitely been improved. Much more realistic in general.
3) None of that BS of early S3, when P2W were out of reach and the rest down in the pits, with terrible and frustrating gameplay (remember those layups?), not forgetting some near to impossible events (remember Nash?).
4) I got to keep all my S3 players and I can actually use them now.

There are some small improvements too. Ending Bonus Packs every 4 hours comes to mind. The Pro pack is another improvement (they are actually useful now).
""

ramizi

Rookie 2
Note you can quick sell several S3 items for considerable coins.
Some S3 platinum cards go for 100k!

betaman411

All-Star 1
Note you can quick sell several S3 items for considerable coins.
Some S3 platinum cards go for 100k!
I had some bronze 50’s go for 2k ea.

Anyone have ads working since the first day before maintenance?

Same impressions as Commond and Alta. It is kinda boring though for a new season update. It would be one thing if they hadn’t repeatedly told us all of their time and effort was going into s4 basically once Harden was complete. I mean what did they do for the other 8.5 mos since then?!

TriggerMan

Rookie 1

Same impressions as Commond and Alta. It is kinda boring though for a new season update. It would be one thing if they hadn’t repeatedly told us all of their time and effort was going into s4 basically once Harden was complete. I mean what did they do for the other 8.5 mos since then?!
Why only 3 new cards for the first promo masters ? And all PFs, this is ridiculous. 8.5 months to create superstars and perfect it...lol

Anatdoc

All-Star 3

Nope. Ads gone for everyone after maintenance

jeforious

Rookie 1
Right now only focusing on ONE line up? should i start working on the other 2 lineups? or its better to just keep one good line up for now?

dub365

All-Star 1
Right now only focusing on ONE line up? should i start working on the other 2 lineups? or its better to just keep one good line up for now?
The Amazing Brian posted that this season is built around having 3 good lineups so I wouldn't let any of them get too far behind.

ThreeCavaliers

Rookie 1
I'm a little let down with the start of the season so far. Here are my positives and negatives.

+Superstars and their upgrade system is unique and interesting and provides a clear forward goal. Collecting and upgrading them all will definitely be the primary focus going forward.
+ Generally enjoy the updated visuals, menus, and music

- Lack of variety of current player cards. In Showdown matches, it seems like every team I'm playing shares 2 or 3 players with mine.
- Lack of quick events across these campaigns to start off, I feel limited to seasons and showdowns and neither of which are my favorite. Daily Beats and quick challenges are the way to go.
- Card art is pretty basic, but with starting fresh I bet that will change quick
- Some glitches are taking away enjoyment (and currency).

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.