• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

I’m Out - Good Luck Guys

TomH

Pro 2
I don’t want this to come off as grandstanding or self-righteous. But, it might. Unavoidable. This isn’t a rage or rash decision. It’s something that has been in a cost/benefit analysis for many months. Every decision we make, even when to cross the street, is based on cost/benefit (risk/reward).

I’m leaving NBALM. My decision was rather obvious given the last few months. The only thing holding me in were the friendships I’ve forged with my league mates. That’s the tough part.

I won’t be a dupe anymore. I’m tired of being lied to. I’m tired of being recklessly misled. I’m tired of EA Brian, whether he is acting as an EA shill or on his own. I’m tired of the costs continuously lurching higher. I’m tired of sketchy, inconsistent gameplay. I’m tired of card and team nerfs. I’m tired of mindless, unimaginative copy/paste campaigns. I’m tired of league cheating, and EA not doing anything about it. I’m tired of planning based on what EA tells us, only to have the rug pulled...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

Hroswith

Rookie 3
Can't blame you. Season 4 in an absolute shit show.

I am going to miss playing the game vicariously through you and all your crazy purchases, though.

I'm still new enough to the game that I'm going to try and grind my way to a decent lineup. But I'm not going to spend a single cent on this game anymore. When I look at all the content that 2K20 gives me for less than €10, spending anything on a broken cash grab like this seems ridiculous.

T TomH I don't blame ya. I'm not as certain as you but I'm close. I don't know if I can spend another minute shooting, dunking and avoiding zones. PLEASE try Call of Duty mobile. It's a fantastic game that doesn't demand your hard earned money and is way more fun. If you decide to try it and like it consider joining our clan. Half my leagemates from NBALM are already loving it. Now I see why 4katosh quit playing this game.
P.S Just don't play the battle royale mode. Multiplayer matches are the way to go.

mambaiscold

Rookie 1
Understandable, do what you gotta do. Feel free to come back whenever if you'd like. Not like you need anyone's permission anyways lol

HeinieManush

Rookie 1
I definitely agree with you about being mislead on many things: Coins vs item value, the ridiculous "draft" with "team-mates" that can't even play on the same team, and the petulant responses from employees who should not have customer communication jobs.

I will encourage you to stay as your posts here have been very helpful to us newer players. So if you stop, thanks for that, and if you reconsider, thanks for that also.

picklegoat

Rookie 2
Totally get why you feel the way youi feel but I haven't explored S4 too much yet, why do you feel we were so misled. Literally asking, not being sarcastic. What would you have wanted to do in S3?

Hroswith

Rookie 3
Totally get why you feel the way youi feel but I haven't explored S4 too much yet, why do you feel we were so misled. Literally asking, not being sarcastic. What would you have wanted to do in S3?
I'm guessing he refers to Brian saying we could trade S3 players for Superstar shards, leading many to stack up on players instead of coins, only to find out yesterday that those players aren't worth a damn and can't be used for anything.

Cortes

Rookie 1
Do you remember my post, Tom? I told you guys..
We don't even need answers from EA about S4 stuff, we still remember what they said about Legacy Lineups at the end of S1, all the sets/cards/achievements and people spending hours/days to fiinish them to get more points cuz it should help a lot at start of new season.. yea, all that was worth like what, elite player, few golds, silvers + some useless collectibles and these players became garbage in 2 weeks.. also you can see how often we are using legacy lineups lol.. I dont even like to play with my LL anymore cuz images are broken and it looks like a thnig done by bunch of lazy newbs just to say, hey we did it, you can use your LL once per 2 months to get few gold collectibles. F**k them and their Legacy shit or whatever they want to call it..

I said at the end of S1 it's all BS, I have experience with EA since PC NHL era, they are worse than politicians before election, they will promise you big things right before start of every season and then you will start S4 just to see how useless all stuff from previous season is.

I'm not shocked you are quitting, EA have strategy to make something good at start and when they convince right number of players (customers) to the game they start lowering product's level year after year, care less and less about customers opinion and lie all the time..

ramizi

Rookie 2
T TomH it's been a pleasure reading your valuable posts and tips.
Wishing you the best of luck in you journey.
I am also a grown adult and down the road is S2 I decided to stop paying and became pure FT2.
I still enjoy the team building, knowing I can only get somewhere far compared to big spenders.
It was a good ride!

jcrou82

Rookie 1
I'm at your decision 1 so far....strictly F2P. Was tempted with that Curry for $2.99 but held strong. Had I not stacked up Cash in S3, I'd quit straight up. At least some of you still have your 107+s. I completely lost 98% of mine and lost my S4 mystery gifts I grinded for in S3 (feeling like a broken record here).

Soon as my cash and coin run out, I'll be done with S4 unless they somehow make it up to us for this BS bait and switch.....though not holding my breath....

You'll be missed T TomH

AngryOrange

Rookie 1
Staff member
On behalf of the management team here on this forum, we wanted to send our most respectful and deepest appreciation for all that you've done to contribute to the community. We understand that you could be anywhere else, but you picked us to chill with, and that alone is worth it for us.

We hope our paths cross again soon T TomH and don't be a stranger. Come back any time (even if you're not playing the game anymore.)

Cheers!

Ailman

Rookie 1
I left at the start of season 3, I opened the game yesterday and I knew I was gonna call it a rap. I also play Madden Mobile so its hard to dedicate my time to two games. I will try again last in the season, nothing has changed based on the gameplay. 4 years and rebounding is still a mess.

jeforious

Rookie 1
I made thread about this before weather Coins being transferred or players to S4 will have a big impact in the game... We always knew that nothing is certain and whatever EA says they could change it at last second, its always been like this since season 1. Its not something out of the ordinary from EA

EA: Yup this is our plan, this is what we are going to do" but keep in mind anything can change " its always been there moto. Watch for season 5 they will mention yes just like season 4 coins are transferable... then S5 starts coins are completely worthless.

Everything about this game is a Gamble even the packs we are opening are all Chance packs. I've also kept all my 110 players and stack on players on all my accounts, but im not even mad i knew coming in to S4 that EA will always be EA and will do EA things (unpredictable) that being said good luck to you in the future and yes this Forum Community is great :)

timsg0102

Rookie 2
I am also quitting the game.

After 3 lengthy years, its time to let it go, and let go of a habit that has morphed into an unfortunate addiction.

I am also looking out for a girlfriend & to settle down, which means I will spend more time relationally with another person. The app has to go in sacrifice due to my intentions to find a good spouse.

I have nothing good to say about EA that hasn't already been said by you guys. Its well taken care of.

This will always be part of my record in life, and it won't be easily forgotten.

IRL, I will still watch NBA games, and catch up on highlights via youtube & IG after work hours. It will be a more enjoyable experience and I know that when I do have to spend money, its not because of the addiction, and the money spent on NBA and other merch will be used for a good purpose.

Thanks everyone.

*Oh I won't quit this messageboard just coz I have quit playing the app. I will still come back and read these every few days and comment whenever I can. Cheers!

Last edited:

AngryOrange

Rookie 1
Staff member
IRL, I will still watch NBA games, and catch up on highlights on youtube & IG after work hours. It will be a more enjoyable experience and I know that when I do have to spend money, its not because of the addiction, and the money spent on NBA and other merch will be used for a good purpose.

We're expanding a segment of the website where we're just talking about NBA game highlights and live comments as the games are playing. But obviously, a few people will tie it into the mobile game itself but it's just a place to hang out and talk about games.

timsg0102

Rookie 2
We're expanding a segment of the website where we're just talking about NBA game highlights and live comments as the games are playing. But obviously, a few people will tie it into the mobile game itself but it's just a place to hang out and talk about games.

That'd be the place for me to be! :D thanks!

inyourface

Rookie 1
This game is all about perspective. If you want to be the best, always having fresh lineups and rare players it will cost you a small fortune. If you accept the reality of the F2P standard, it's a fun time killer on the commute into work and dropping off the Cosby kids. If you love the game, play it IRL. To me this is just the SNES version of NBA Jam on a phone.
Maybe I'm just to old to understand the dedication and obsession and yeah I'm posting on this forum so I'm "gamer" if you want to use that label, casual gamer is probably the best fit :p
Human life needs equilibrium and if you're tipping the scales to far in this games direction its probably best quitting something that just makes you frustrated and causes more angst than enjoyment. It's meant to be fun, right?

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.