• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Hidden/secret stats?

CraigVlaar

Rookie 1
I've long thought maybe there are secret/Hidden stats.. for example my winter signature 90 Steven Adams has off reb. 92, def reb 92 but his overall rebounding is just 84..

where as my 90 new year Moses Malone has off reb. 85, def reb. 84 and his overall rebounding is 85

Is there a hidden stat like "box out" that affects the overall?. Or do other traits like athleticism affect it?

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
Vertical, box out, and strength all go into rebounding yes there are hidden stats which EA refuses to show people ever since S2 started

Vertical, box out, and strength all go into rebounding yes there are hidden stats which EA refuses to show people ever since S2 started
I wonder if those stats are still in play or did they actually get rid of them entirely. I have a theory that primary stats influences your A.I gameplay hence stats like playmaking while secondary stats influences gameplay when you are the user. Because when your the user, your the one that influences playmaking so it can only apply to A.I gameplay. Just a guess though.

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
I wonder if those stats are still in play or did they actually get rid of them entirely. I have a theory that primary stats influences your A.I gameplay hence stats like playmaking while secondary stats influences gameplay when you are the user. Because when your the user, your the one that influences playmaking so it can only apply to A.I gameplay. Just a guess though.

I'm on the primary for AI train too but honestly it's hard to have a purpose for stats most think they still have hidden ones and think they are directly related to player stats but honestly they should just put whatever they want and not explain why like Pippen's speed which looks like it's switched with his post shot stat but they don't care to change it or explain it

MagicFans

Rookie 1
Wonder if this is still valid
https://www.nbalive.gg/forums/nba-live-mobile/nba-live-mobile-discussion/63583-deciphering-hidden-stats-and-calculating-true-ovr

TorchBeak

Rookie 1
It's either a form of laziness on the development side or a realization that the effort put into a ton of hidden stats isn't worthwhile. EA showcased 66 hidden stats in S1 on the GG database. They've failed to release databases ever since, but slowly put in secondary stats in the game.

It's either that they don't think it's worth it to showcase more hidden stats to users, or those stats were more for show than gameplay impacting.

Altavilla

Pro 1
Had not seen this before... my bad.

The recent "+2 layup to team" that shows up on 108 Dr. J confirms that there still are hidden stats.

So does this means that the mentioned 108 Dr. J, despite having crappy visible stats, may have great hidden stats? Or must have? Or must have but they don't impact gameplay much?

Layup stat is not totally hidden, since it's shown in the stats box during the match anytime you do a layup

Also, the Dr J stats are wrong and will be fixed

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
Layup stat is not totally hidden, since it's shown in the stats box during the match anytime you do a layup

Also, the Dr J stats are wrong and will be fixed
Nah they're correct they're saying they're wrong because of the outrage they actually thought they could get away with it

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.