• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Golden Week Promo

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
On behalf of the nation of Japan, I'd like to apologize for this shitty redux promo.
They use the same map and card art every year it's annoying that they go out of their way to make a holiday promo that most of their players know absolutely nothing about and reuse the same stuff every year and also tell us nothing about the holiday

I'm pretty sure the first year they did it there was a theme of NBA players who'd played in exhibition games in Japan. This year, the Japan connection is Hachimura and Watanabe. Golden Week is a period in Japan with four national holidays in seven days. Some workers only get the national holidays, but most of us have a week long break, which personally I have been hanging out for. Traditionally, it's a big travel period, but coronavirus has impacted that the past two years.

Altavilla

Pro 1
Ok so... where are you guys spending stamina?

I saved a bunch of stamina from yesterday's ads and did everything in this promo already. Not keen on doing SD since it will level me up pretty quickly. Just let it max?

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
I'm pretty sure the first year they did it there was a theme of NBA players who'd played in exhibition games in Japan. This year, the Japan connection is Hachimura and Watanabe. Golden Week is a period in Japan with four national holidays in seven days. Some workers only get the national holidays, but most of us have a week long break, which personally I have been hanging out for. Traditionally, it's a big travel period, but coronavirus has impacted that the past two years.
Thanks for explaining it

It's just so lazy that they use the same map and card art every year but all the other promos that are in the game every year look new every year but this is the exception

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief

I saved a bunch of stamina from yesterday's ads and did everything in this promo already. Not keen on doing SD since it will level me up pretty quickly. Just let it max?
Yeah this promo never has a repeatable event but before it would be a side promo not a main promo I would just autopsy season but that would take awhile with the 40 stamina returned each quarter so I'll probably just autoplay SD

The GW tokens feature the carp streamer kites which are a feature of Children's Day. The dog in the promo art is probably based on Hachiko, which is a famous story in Japan.

I think the events repeat daily. I am not sure if the Courtside Pass event is repeatable. I am not really interested in purchasing it for this promo.

dub365

All-Star 1
They use the same map and card art every year it's annoying that they go out of their way to make a holiday promo that most of their players know absolutely nothing about and reuse the same stuff every year and also tell us nothing about the holiday
That's why I have never liked this promo. They made it look pretty and then started reusing it every year. This is the worst yet. There used to be some good freebies for players. Unless they're hidden achievements.....there's no jersey, no court, no boost item. Most ppl probably won't even reach Simmons bc it doesn't look very easy.

Super annoyed that we can't even get boosts on Masters. These fools put a promo boost on Hachimura????? He's the last player, you get him and automatically get 94 West. If you get him.....why would you want/ need more promo points? Give us a freaking stat boost (and maybe one that affects the whole lineup instead of Iverson's crappy boost to SG)

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
That's why I have never liked this promo. They made it look pretty and then started reusing it every year. This is the worst yet. There used to be some good freebies for players. Unless they're hidden achievements.....there's no jersey, no court, no boost item. Most ppl probably won't even reach Simmons bc it doesn't look very easy.

Super annoyed that we can't even get boosts on Masters. These fools put a promo boost on Hachimura????? He's the last player, you get him and automatically get 94 West. If you get him.....why would you want/ need more promo points? Give us a freaking stat boost (and maybe one that affects the whole lineup instead of Iverson's crappy boost to SG)
I knew boosts were gonna be bad after I saw the affect of fixed medals because there was no way they could keep it up by giving every master a team boost so they just nerfed giving out boosts and nerfed the boosts they did give out and it makes sense because they bit off more than they could chew early in the season

I agree about the boosts. I got Simmons today, but he doesn’t help my lineup at all. I’m sill better off with MM Oscar on the bench. If they’re going to keep the OVRs low, they can at least have position boosts.

TheGrinder

Rookie 1
Also, you can only do the player trade in sets once?
Yeah, I think so. And Simmons' stats look sooooooooo bad. How does he have like a 70-ish rebounding, and not even a 90 dunk / lay up for a 92 ovr??? Also, imo the only "good" card to get from this promo is Watanabe, cos I need a SF who can shoot and rebound.

Last edited:

Mikey777

Rookie 1
Math for this promo seems really off... I bought a starter pack with Myles Turner booster.
Had enough cash to get 5000 cash bundle... and already finished the promo. After you fill in special sets fpr 7500 emblems once, you only do the set which allows 5 any players... easy 2250 emblems...So I don't know why need to offer 3 more boost players in store...
Players aren't that exciting but had nothing to do so that's why I did it in first place...

Iamlegendz

Rookie 2
yes it is an easy promo to finish. 94 west is grindable FTP. Didnt buy anything and am at 62,000 points with 3 more days to go. Wish boosts where better though

JokicMVP

Rookie 1
I am close to making "NBA Legend"in Showdown and I have no idea what should I play then when I do-tonight, or tomorrow when I finish the promo... Not that it is even any worth lvling up to NBA legend I just did it for the lols/ ego achievement. I'm playing for two months and now there will be nothing remotely valuable to play for for ~2 days.
Great work, EA.

TheGrinder

Rookie 1
I am close to making "NBA Legend"in Showdown and I have no idea what should I play then when I do-tonight, or tomorrow when I finish the promo... Not that it is even any worth lvling up to NBA legend I just did it for the lols/ ego achievement. I'm playing for two months and now there will be nothing remotely valuable to play for for ~2 days.
Great work, EA.
Everyone feels the same way but I think we don't have any other means of wasting time.

I got West just now, and I don't know whether to leave the Live Pass Luka as my PG or replace Luka with West. What do you guys think?

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.