• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Gameplay updates

TomH

Pro 2
Well the changes seem to have settled in today. And the best bet for anything EA does - they will make it worse. I was concerned when their little press release talked about improving ai shooting. Here is my experience today (limited to SD) -

AI is making everything from everywhere. Rebounding is not fixed, not even close, it’s no better. manual switching is still glitched , which means it’s super hard to try to contest ai shots that they will likely make left uncontested. Still mostly switching between pg & sg only. The whole deal is a royal cluster ####.

I’m leaning towards these guys dont even know what the issues are that need fixed. I’m pretty sure they don’t even play the damn game, so how would they know. You can have people tell you what’s wrong, but you can’t fix it until you experience it yourself.

Bottom line - game play is worse since the update. A whole lot worse. My opinion? The EA team assigned to NBALM is both uninterested in the game and decidedly incompetent.

Ggdfhjjjh

Rookie 1
Well the changes seem to have settled in today. And the best bet for anything EA does - they will make it worse. I was concerned when their little press release talked about improving ai shooting. Here is my experience today (limited to SD) -

AI is making everything from everywhere. Rebounding is not fixed, not even close, it’s no better. manual switching is still glitched , which means it’s super hard to try to contest ai shots that they will likely make left uncontested. Still mostly switching between pg & sg only. The whole deal is a royal cluster ####.

I’m leaning towards these guys dont even know what the issues are that need fixed. I’m pretty sure they don’t even play the damn game, so how would they know. You can have people tell you what’s wrong, but you can’t fix it until you experience it yourself.

Bottom line - game play is worse since the update. A whole lot worse. My opinion? The EA team assigned to NBALM is both uninterested in the game and decidedly incompetent.

My experience today is quite similar

cire2245

Rookie 3
Just played 4 lvl quarters. So from AI making ‘most’ of the shots to AI missing ‘all’ of the shots, they fixed it and made AI making ‘all’ of the shots.

dub365

All-Star 1
I'm not having too much trouble with AI making all of their shots. I think there has definitely been a change in "shot" selection. I'm having success playing tight D in some scenarios, less in others. I'm forcing more missed shots and getting more blocks on shots near the rim. But they're still getting all the untouched second chance points off rebounds and hitting contested jumpers when they take them. I just feel like they're taking them less often.

Rebounding doesn't seem that different with the exception of maybe Def boards, I feel like overall I'm getting more of them.

Also, anyone having problems with BB? I can only make 1/10 with GT Giannis. Doesn't matter where, if I shoot early or late, wide open or not ...... Clang!

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
I'm not having too much trouble with AI making all of their shots. I think there has definitely been a change in "shot" selection. I'm having success playing tight D in some scenarios, less in others. I'm forcing more missed shots and getting more blocks on shots near the rim. But they're still getting all the untouched second chance points off rebounds and hitting contested jumpers when they take them. I just feel like they're taking them less often.

Rebounding doesn't seem that different with the exception of maybe Def boards, I feel like overall I'm getting more of them.

Also, anyone having problems with BB? I can only make 1/10 with GT Giannis. Doesn't matter where, if I shoot early or late, wide open or not ...... Clang!
Wasnt that always the case with giannis.. no problems with 100 magic

Solo

Rookie 1

Hello, NBA LIVE Mobile Community!

Welcome to NBA LIVE Mobile Give & Go! In this segment of The Give & Go we take an inside look at all new features and improvements that are coming to our game! Sit back and take notes on what’s changing and if you need a refresher on all other content, you can find those articles on our website.

Rebounding improvements

Improvements of players setting up for rebounds as shots are taken Auto-switch to the closest player under the rim now occurs when the ball hits the rim which allows for boxing out and players to get in position to rebound. Before it auto-switched at release of the ball and sometimes caused issues of teammates just standing and not rebounding.

Tapping the “Block/Jump” button will now always trigger rebound animations and not alley-oop, block, or during a rebound. So once you are auto-switched to the rebounder under the hoop, when the ball bounces off the rim, tap jump and see your player react. Holding the guard button while your opponent takes a shot has been improved. For example, if you're defending a shot with guard held, and that shot hits the rim, you will automatically change to a rebounding player and attempt to rebound without needing to remove your finger from guard. If you have time moving your player and tapping jump to rebound will improve your chances beyond that of this auto-rebound.

Improved AI shot choices

Improvements to when players take shots based on the AI attributes. Example: Lonzo Ball with higher inside shot will drive to rim or pass more when outside the arc vs Harden with higher 3-Point rating and lower inside will take more 3’s.

Block Attempt Improvements

Tuned Blocking when holding guard Reworked block chance will be based on Block vs Contested Shot ratings. Block chance is now based on Block vs Contested Shot ratings. Now with the compare it's based on your player vs the opponent with the ball. Larger the gap in ratings, better chance to block that player. Tuned Corner 3-Point Shots - Off-dribble shooting penalty for 3-Point Shots has been increased slightly. Stopping movement before you shoot or performing a catch-and-shoot will help you avoid this penalty.

Wow Moment Fixes:

WOW Moment slow down will now end sooner if the shot is blocked or misses

AI Shooting:

Improvements to AI shooting percentages have been made.

3v3:

Players can no longer move before the AI can move in 3v3 half court games.

Reduce/Remove the AI shooting those fade-away 3's:

AI players will shoot far fewer turn-around-fade-away 3-point shot after clearing the ball in 3v3

Dunk miss chance reduced

Users should not see the often miss wid-open dunk anymore.

Tuned Lineup Styles to better differentiate between lineup styles:

Tempo, Defense, Rebounding Set Type:

Sharpshooter - Tempo: Balanced, Defense: Zone, Rebounding: Get Back

Street - Tempo: UpTempo, Defense: Man, Rebounding: Crash the Boards

Lockdown - Tempo: Half-Court, Defense: Man, Rebounding: Crash the Boards

Clock runoff issue fixed when inbounding the ball with more than 2 minutes on the clock

AI Passing backcourt issue:

The AI will always progress the ball forward when in the back court to prevent the awkward pass back behind the back court at the last minute and in bounding that leads to the back court.

Answers HQ post: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-D...he-Give-and-Go-New-Gameplay/m-p/9318794#M3423

Source: https://www.ea.com/games/nba-live/nba-live-mobile/news/newgameplay

Unquote

TomH

Pro 2
All well and good. The only part I can say I experienced today was ai ease of scoring. Steals way down. Chance pg will zip buy a missed steal attempt very high. Blocking? Okay, whatever they say. It isn’t happening when I play. Rebounding. Okay. Today was the worst rebounding day I’ve had with +10 def and +4 off rebounding. Win margins down versus 2 weeks ago.

This is the biggest change I’ve seen - “Improvements to AI shooting percentages have been made.” It was a bad day of gameplay. Worse in lvl.

Last edited:

betaman411

All-Star 1
All well and good. The only part I can say I experienced today was at ease of scoring. Steals way down. Chance pg will zip buy a missed steal attempt very high. Blocking? Okay, whatever they say. It isn’t happening when I play. Rebounding. Okay. Today was the worst rebounding day I’ve had with +10 def and +4 off rebounding. Win margins down versus 2 weeks ago.

This is the biggest change I’ve seen - “Improvements to AI shooting percentages have been made.” It was a bad day of gameplay. Worse in lvl.
Same experience. Boosting steal seems to help...a little. Only thing you forgot is manual switching still broken, especially for rebounding.

TomH

Pro 2
Same experience. Boosting steal seems to help...a little. Only thing you forgot is manual switching still broken, especially for rebounding.
How could I forget. It’s killing my gameplay and what I’ve been tweeting about regularly. Is it the management or The devs, or are their coders just really bad? All I know is they started the season with terrible gameplay issues, and now they made it even worse.

TomH

Pro 2
lvl really bad today. Had my worst scores ever. 1st drive I didn’t make a manual 3 until 3 seconds left. I had no control, especially with the glitched switching — the one thing that always used to work just fine. And the broke it.

cire2245

Rookie 3
lvl really bad today. Had my worst scores ever. 1st drive I didn’t make a manual 3 until 3 seconds left. I had no control, especially with the glitched switching — the one thing that always used to work just fine. And the broke it.
I guess you are using sharpshooter coach/lineup. Have you tried using defensive or street then see if the switching is still glitched?

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.