• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

EA “Fixes” To Showdown - My Experience

TomH

Pro 2
Now that EA has changed Showdown to (1) reduce the impact of OVR difference and (2) Create matches within a narrower range of OVR, here my observations through about 400k fans worth of Showdown:

1. I get mostly 105s & 106s. That’s what it was before the change.

2. I get the same 105s and 106s repeatedly. That’s a bit boring, and it isn’t what it was before.

3. The wait for a matchup is very long. Like Windows 98 long.

4. I am getting a lot more ridiculously over-matched teams - 98-100. That didn’t happen before. And it’s no fun.

5. My win rate against teams with OVRs within -2 of mine hasn’t changed.

6. My overall win rate hasn’t changed - still 9 of 10.

I recognize this is anecdotal and based on a rather small sample. But, it seems whatever they did to address some folks “perceived” problem with Showdown hasn’t addressed anything except making us wait for matchups. I didn’t think gameplay was broken or “unfair” the way some did. Should a 106 have an advantage...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

chappy

Rookie 1
It does allow you to play with one of your other line ups without that constant penalty of facing 105/106's.

Sometimes playing with the same lineup repeatedly gets boring. I decided to give my street lineup a whirl (102 ovr) and although minimal observation from 5 games didn't face anyone above 104.

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
It does allow you to play with one of your other line ups without that constant penalty of facing 105/106's.

Sometimes playing with the same lineup repeatedly gets boring. I decided to give my street lineup a whirl (102 ovr) and although minimal observation from 5 games didn't face anyone above 104.
This is a nice point. Will try it out

TomH

Pro 2
Yeah, I keep a lineup just to break things up. Sometimes it’s all SD players, or Elevate players, OOP, GS, etc...

I don’t hate the changes. It’s just I’m not noticing much difference except I keep running into 98/99s and the lag time to start a match can get very long.

timsg0102

Rookie 2
I now face more sides that are 99-100 when I use either of 3 style lineups.

For example, my D line up is 101, the weakest, and I have faced 99-100 ones than the 105s now.

As for my sole one that is 105, I have faced mostly those between 104-106s, than the 107s. The latter has been more common until the server maintenance.

Jehrzy

Rookie 1

This is actually a great point. Now it's easier than ever to get the 40% rep and fan boost without impacting the matchmaking, especially since you don't need to win 2 daily matches any more, or even the 5 daily matches goal.

dougyd

Rookie 1
Just a suggestion, but... How about they make the Showdown rewards actually worth playing for! Showdown and LVL are the only modes of the entire game that can actually be challenging and fun, yet the rewards are useless garbage.

Steve Rogers

Rookie 2
Getting and staying in top ranks of SD take really a lot of time daily...every rank outside top100 gives low reward

dub365

All-Star 1
I built my 100 SD cards to 104 in minutes with the tokens I got from playing a lot of SD. So there is that.
That's def a benefit to playing but it's not a reward. And it doesn't create any sort of challenge for the user. It's just..... win enough games to get Legend every week & stop.....

Just a suggestion, but... How about they make the Showdown rewards actually worth playing for! Showdown and LVL are the only modes of the entire game that can actually be challenging and fun, yet the rewards are useless garbage.

I've 3 full masters....so useless garbage..... Also big chance the SD jerseys will be useful to get the new plat jerseys when it comes out

Getting and staying in top ranks of SD take really a lot of time daily...every rank outside top100 gives low reward

You only need to finish top 5000 to get enough tokens for 3 masters. I autoplay my way to Legend in less than an hour.

Last edited:
Personally I'd rather use my stamina to grind promos and get higher ovr players than the current SD players. Stamina for a f2p player like myself is a very precious resource lol. The SD masters only last a couple days on my team before I get better players and have to replace them so I only play SD now if it helps me with a campaign. With that said with the few games I've played since the change I really haven't noticed a big difference, I still face the same ovr opponents as I did before.

Steve Rogers

Rookie 2
I've 3 full masters....so useless garbage..... Also big chance the SD jerseys will be useful to get the new plat jerseys when it comes out

You only need to finish top 5000 to get enough tokens for 3 masters. I autoplay my way to Legend in less than an hour.
SD masters are always late comparing to ovr curve,i was 104 already when they released latest version of them
..i know its easy to finish in legend division every week,but as a grinder stamina is a very prescious thing and so i personally dont play much of a SD...time spent amd stamina spent on SD are nowhere near the rewards you get for the same amount of time and stamina spent on a promo

Steve Rogers

Rookie 2
Personally I'd rather use my stamina to grind promos and get higher ovr players than the current SD players. Stamina for a f2p player like myself is a very precious resource lol. The SD masters only last a couple days on my team before I get better players and have to replace them so I only play SD now if it helps me with a campaign. With that said with the few games I've played since the change I really haven't noticed a big difference, I still face the same ovr opponents as I did before.
Same here...lets say 5/6 matches are with the same ovr as mine

TomH

Pro 2
I’m facing more 105-107 today. I still get a random 98, for instance, but it seems to be settling in versus the first 24 hours. I enjoy SD (would love real time H2H). I Loathe grinding. Different strokes....

timsg0102

Rookie 2
I have been way too busy at work last fortnight, and so if I can reach 400k fan lvl on SD by Monday as the base minimum on most busy weeks, I am still ok.

It takes about average of 2.5 weeks to complete a 104 ovr SD set for me.

rene87

Rookie 1
I am at 200k fans
1. I downgraded my main lineup to 91 and played with a 100 and 106 OVR !! fail
2. I played with my 97 street lineup and got a match with a 96 OVR. ok
3. I played with my 89 shooting lineup and match with a 90 OVR ok

All matches were with opponents in the 200K - 400K fans range. I have not seen a game out of this range. Maybe it is possible, I do not know because I play occassionaly.

betaman411

All-Star 1
All matches were with opponents in the 200K - 400K fans range. I have not seen a game out of this range. Maybe it is possible, I do not know because I play occassionaly.
First matching criteria is your rank in SD (e.g. SuperStar, Legend etc.) and the second is OVR. I believe a close 3rd is number of fans (within current rank) but not sure so your findings make relative sense. Not a good idea to play with OVR until more players are in each rank; otherwise, you will likely get matched with higher OVR players as they tend to advance quicker.

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.