• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Buzzer Beaters Shouldn't Miss! EA PLEASE FIX!

picklegoat

Rookie 2
I really think EA should fix this. If you want to make it so you can block a buzzer beater like you can block a clutch I'm totally fine with that. But I have missed half of my buzzer beaters the last 6 games. That makes that ability absolutely worthless. The whole point of it's value is that you only get it for a limited time of like 2 seconds in LvL but you make the buzzer beater shot. Showdown should have the same thing, not 25 seconds and a lot of misses, that isn't a buzzer beater at all, lol.

The Simmons BB was a huge card last year because of the BB value!
This year they have destroyed it's value. Someone please help with this!

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
Last i heard, this was planned this season.. i remember brian mentioning that they made it such that the bb is not a guarantee.. so i doubt theyll fix it

rene87

Rookie 1
They can not fix the 2 sec BB since last year. The misses is a new thing, maybe they decreased the probability of scoring to 50%.

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
This is done on purpose and was warned about way in advance you are probably shooting really long ones you're supposed to shoot them in a realistic range otherwise the chance of missing drastically increases much like a normal shot

picklegoat

Rookie 2
This is done on purpose and was warned about way in advance you are probably shooting really long ones you're supposed to shoot them in a realistic range otherwise the chance of missing drastically increases much like a normal shot

I didnt know it was planned in advance but man they should reconsider that move. Devalues a great ability.

I shoot long range with Durant all the time, rarely misses (by long range I mean still on the same side of the court as the hoop, but still deep enough that I wouldn't shoot it if it wasn't an ability). Key is to shoot it on the run, so to speak. i'll see if i can grab vid of it in a sec

https://imgur.com/a/jyfprkX

see how deep it is? most of mine are but the fact that it's kind of a "running shot" makes it very open. rarely misses, whether SD, leagues

picklegoat

Rookie 2
thx for that jack, i still don't like that it isn't guaranteed but i will just shoot it closer until they fix it or don't. i just don't see how you can make clutch never missed and buzzer beater sporadic... totally irrational based on title of the ability and card value.

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
thx for that jack, i still don't like that it isn't guaranteed but i will just shoot it closer until they fix it or don't. i just don't see how you can make clutch never missed and buzzer beater sporadic... totally irrational based on title of the ability and card value.

Clutch shots were also nerfed when they said that abilities won't be as effective as the previous 2 seasons they said they did that so that they can make more ability cards the shots have a lower success rates compared to the 99% chance of making them like before as pointed out earlier just shoot them somewhere between the 3pt line and the mid court logo and you should be fine as for clutch shots those are way easier to have blocked by the AI then the prior years before because the AI is now tuned to stay close to your ability players as well as jump abnormally high for a block attempt but don't count on the AI missing either of those abilities nearly as much as you could miss them as a player

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.