• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Buckeye shoutout at NBA LIVE MOBILE COMMUNITY

Alekk

Rookie 2
The team doesn't have very good opinions on Buckeye to say the least, but free publicity is welcomed.

Poontish

Rookie 1
I don't want to poke the bear....but I've got stick and I don't know what else to do with it....

What's the neg view on buckeye all about? I don't know him, don't care anything about him, and I'm not a buckeye watcher. However, I do know he's made things "public" that probably shouldn't have been done...but that's the extent of what I've gleaned.

I guess I'm more curious if there's some bad info he shares, or wrong info, or something not so legit in his content? I ask so that in the future I'm more informed about a topic. To be clear: I'm not starting something.

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
He told everyone how to do the lvl quarter extending glitch last season in the hope that EA would be forced to so something abt it..
As such he is helpful to a lot of people as he gives sniping tips, gameplay tips etc which is helpful to a lot of people and as I saw on gg every one is not in the same boat of sharing the 'wealth' thus the problem with him.. there are other factors too with respect to his personality which rub people the wrong way..
In his defence though, he s the only YouTuber right now who has regular videos and actually grinds the game to some extent..hence his popularity has been growing...

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
I don't want to poke the bear....but I've got stick and I don't know what else to do with it....

What's the neg view on buckeye all about? I don't know him, don't care anything about him, and I'm not a buckeye watcher. However, I do know he's made things "public" that probably shouldn't have been done...but that's the extent of what I've gleaned.

I guess I'm more curious if there's some bad info he shares, or wrong info, or something not so legit in his content? I ask so that in the future I'm more informed about a topic. To be clear: I'm not starting something.

He was a cash and coin buyer and promoted it, selfishly made the LvL glitch public not for EA to fix it but for the publicity (he even said in that very video that he doesn't care about leagues or LvL), gets banned a lot and buys new accounts to do more ban-worthy stuff while promoting those things to his viewers, and he had some very disgusting things to say to me in a PM on Line and it's stuff that you would hear in a men's prison

That is why I don't like him but I won't speak for anyone else on that matter

Altavilla

Pro 1
Well, i like his videos since it's usually useful as he's pretty open to how he plays the game. I prefer his "mellow" style rather than QJB, who i find a bit "over exited".
Not all that relevant compared to the above, but the fact that he is 1,90 m tall and looks about as menacing as your average teddy bear, adds quite a bit to his "aura" positively, in my opinion.

The 2 main issues were, that I was aware:
1) The "lvl quarter extending glitch"
This one blew right over me, since I think I wasn't even in a league when that happened. However, regardless of his motivations (and publicity for his channel seems to me like a very legit motivation for anyone who needs to make a living), I think he did a favor to the game (EA fixed it pretty quick after that and at least it was out there for anyone to use it, not just a few players who wanted an unfair edge).
2) The gold buying/promoting
He did it and got banned several times for it, losing his accounts and everything invested into it. And at one point he had quite a decent team. Interestingly, I think that using lower ovr teams made his gameplay more relatable to the average viewer and gave a push to his popularity.

I didn't know about the "disgusting things" bit and I'm sorry to hear it. I think he's a 19 yo kid (or something), so maybe he's sorry about the way he "expressed himself" by now ;)
@Stewie: But you're right to be pissed off about it. I would certainly be if it was me.

For the record: i follow him and 4katosh. Never had any beef with any. Never heard of either until I started playing this game.

aramwot

Rookie 3
Staff member
Founder
I've never interacted with Buckeye. If it's getting the community together that's a good thing.

I'm actually in the minority here. His content is decent and I truly believe if it wasn't for his video exposing the LvsL cheating we probably would still have leagues putting up crazy margins. Only after he put out the video did EA address the cheating.

ukmj23

Rookie 1
I'm actually in the minority here. His content is decent and I truly believe if it wasn't for his video exposing the LvsL cheating we probably would still have leagues putting up crazy margins. Only after he put out the video did EA address the cheating.

Let's be honest here, he did it to get likes and after that my league and other honest leagues got nuked by buncha below par players almost every other day. He magnified the problem for months.

Secondly, season 3 lvl already has a new glitch spreading like fire from day 2 forward. There are no words to describe how dumb this company's developers are to bring out a product that has already a careless glitch, the simplest kind, after a scandalous and embarrassing lvl in season 2. Shake my head.

vagabond1231

Rookie 1
Not really a fan of him either.. actually saw him in the comment section saying "my plug still got me" when EA was doing major banning against 3rd coin party users. Ironically it was on the video that he is talking how he wants people to not use 3rd party coin site anymore. Not to mention as mentioned above, I'm more than sure he knew "glitches" and who knows what he did with em. Personally, for YouTube quality wise and content(honesty) wise I'd even say RolandGT might even be better(which doesn't do contents on NBALM anymore). I enjoy dHitman (I believe) content here and there which helped me with "trick shots" and other skill moves in S2 which I still use. I just want YouTuber or streamers to show honest content at least(?).
I refuse to watch QJB's videos because his game is all cash buy/EA sponsors. Perhaps he's showing what are drop rate from the packs and whatnot, but even then.. I guess it's all personally choice at the end of the day. One thing that nobody can sleep on, I learned a lot from this community and this community makes game better/easier.

edlllpt

Pro 1
Secondly, season 3 lvl already has a new glitch spreading like fire from day 2 forward. There are no words to describe how dumb this company's developers are to bring out a product that has already a careless glitch, the simplest kind, after a scandalous and embarrassing lvl in season 2. Shake my head.

whatever the glitch - did you guys report it to EA already?

and just one detail I want to know - is it something that you'd notice that you were cheated on - or it can be discrete and we're basically in a mess again?

Poontish

Rookie 1
Thanks for keeping it civil on both sides while y'all explained what's up.

I think it's important that people call attention the problems and glitches....but it's a messy minefield to actually address it directly. Do you share the info (knowing it'll get abused) to help kill the advantage cheaters have? I guess his motivations were suspect...and he profited off the whole thing. That doesn't sit well with me. But....I did so love that those "top leagues" were no longer untouchable. I reveled in it. Hmmmm....

If there's a new LvL glitch....man.....this game is so pointless. That news really angers me. There's legit problems with the broken AH market and people are actively killing a whole second aspect of the game??? What's left to enjoy then...awesome silver player campaign rewards? Ya really done it this time EA.

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
Thanks for keeping it civil on both sides while y'all explained what's up.

I think it's important that people call attention the problems and glitches....but it's a messy minefield to actually address it directly. Do you share the info (knowing it'll get abused) to help kill the advantage cheaters have? I guess his motivations were suspect...and he profited off the whole thing. That doesn't sit well with me. But....I did so love that those "top leagues" were no longer untouchable. I reveled in it. Hmmmm....

The problem with that is many of the top leagues we're willing to cheat to get there so it was isolated to the leagues of losers willing to do it (most of them matched up against other cheaters) then having it spread allowed leagues of every rank to do it top 500 leagues losing to leagues outside of the top 2000 simply because of the glitch was not right and it wouldn't have really bothered me if he really did it to get it fixed instead of doing it because he knew it would bring him attention because no one else that knew the glitch was making a video about it I'm pretty sure that's his most watched video by far which is exactly what he wanted along with the recognition of "being the one that caused it to get fixed" I personally don't watch videos of people playing games that I can play so none of the YTers for this game are remotely entertaining to me I prefer forums to get info because a way higher chance of actually finding useful info plus a lot of the YTers (that actually talk about the game and not buy packs) make the videos based on info they find on websites like this one or GG in the past

AussieMJ

Rookie 1

Let's be honest here, he did it to get likes and after that my league and other honest leagues got nuked by buncha below par players almost every other day. He magnified the problem for months.

EA Asros would love to know about that I?m sure.

TorchBeak

Rookie 1
The only youtuber that I can stand to watch is 4katosh, as surprising as it may be lol.
Dude is an annoying mod but a good gamechanger.
Straight to the point, no BS, no over the top "I'm hiding in my basement but I'm cool" expressions.

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
Dont miss his amazing video today.. how to get free elites... the secret???... get lucky in pro packs..smh

Josh s videos are decent .. like torch said.. simple.. gameplay oriented.. no tips on coin making etc..
Bobby and hitman were/are decent cos they atleast used to make different types of videos .. franchise lineups etc.. so it was interesting even though neither were actually good at gameplay

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.