• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Best gameplay strategy after shooting being nerfed?

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
Not my experience, of the experience of dozens of other users. They have nerfed shooting along with the other things they?ve decided to ruin.

I agree with Commond on this one. Nerfed shooting, Defense now is a loooot of confusion and overall glitches in the new camera angles. There?s one when you bringing the ball up court and when it crosses the center line it zooms out and it catches me off guard.

Struggling mightily esp on lvl. Used to average +21-25 in 2 drives now am getting +12-17... noticeable change esp the 3 ball.
Ya that zoom out is so jarring. Confuses me every time.
I even had a shooting meter glitch yesterday. It felt like the yellow ball was double in size and didnt fit in the meter(dont know how else to describe.. it was just weird)

dub365

All-Star 1
I wonder why it's so all over the map for ppl. I could legit tell there was something off when I played Stewie last night in League. Even SD was abnormal. Today I played a couple SD matches & it felt a pretty ok to me. Also don't know where all the EA employees scurried off to......have seen anyone since yesterday afternoon when a couple of em said they were looking into issues.

betaman411

All-Star 1
I wonder why it's so all over the map for ppl. I could legit tell there was something off when I played Stewie last night in League. Even SD was abnormal. Today I played a couple SD matches & it felt a pretty ok to me. Also don't know where all the EA employees scurried off to......have seen anyone since yesterday afternoon when a couple of em said they were looking into issues.
<i></i>

Beer thirty here in the EST.

G2theMoney

Rookie 3
the fact that LvL is a little harder, i actually dont mind.. it was becoming a bit boring, running to the cnrs and tossing up an almost guaranteed 3..
just would have been nice to have been on holidays and not known about the changes :D

cire2245

Rookie 3
I guess this is one move from ea to give cash players an advantage over f2p. Right now if you are f2p but grind really hard and knows ah you can have 96 ovr, same as those payers which only few are at 97. But now that every three bricks, those that can afford ability players (power ups can be obtained through buying red envelopes and getting them by chance) will be on advantage. I have no issue with this as long as AI is also missing when heavily guarded which what i am experiencing now. I can live on 2s with 1 or 2 3point attempt per quarter.

dub365

All-Star 1
Had another couple rough LVL matches. 3s are a no go anymore. I hit 1 shot in 2 quarters. That's fine if I know I need to adjust my game but I also missed a couple layups, post shots, and mids that I usually don't miss. I was a 96 playing a 95 and it was a full on struggle to go +16. Defense was the only thing that saved me.

This is strange but I've been doing better since whatever changes were implemented. My margins have inexplicably increased by +7-10.

betaman411

All-Star 1
This is strange but I've been doing better since whatever changes were implemented. My margins have inexplicably increased by +7-10.
Same here. Regularly going +20 against 95-96 and before it was more like +15. My last two tourneys have been +26 and +23 and I missed a couple shots. Are you guys bricking uncontested/open 3?s? I?ve noticed that more contested shots seem to brick.

Same here. Regularly going +20 against 95-96 and before it was more like +15. My last two tourneys have been +26 and +23 and I missed a couple shots. Are you guys bricking uncontested/open 3?s? I?ve noticed that more contested shots seem to brick.
Could it be better defense = more possessions. Blocking is now easier. I have noticed shots have to be perfect and if the shot is contested your more likely to miss now so the only thing I can think of is my team is playing better defense to explain the increase in margins.

I'm 94 ovr and I'm doing better now against lower ovr in SD. My manual qs are like the same, but looks like the opponets are bricking hard in their qs

I just autoplayed a league quarter and won 16-6. Looks like autoplay is better than me....

betaman411

All-Star 1
I went +23 again today against a 96 and a 95. Their 92 goes +19 against my 96 so I?m not so sure about this nerf effect.

I went +23 today but it was against a lower OVR.

These are my observations so far:

You cannot shoot contested or challenged threes anymore in competitive game modes. Prior to the update, you could shoot threes with a highly rated three point shooter even if they were contested or closely guarded but they have reduced the likelihood of making these shots. They have also boosted perimeter defense making it harder to get an open look when shooting from three. This is okay to an extent. It appears as if they wanted to remove the corner three as an easy scoring option, but they also reduced the margin of error on open shots. Previously, you would get perfect timing even on poor releases but that doesn't appear to be the case anymore. Deep threes also have less chance of going in.

Layups and dunks are now more contested than before. This seems to be a result of them trying to fix the goaltending call on blocked dunks as well as reducing the chance of the AI scoring with contact. Which would be great if the AI actually stopped scoring with contact but it hasn't.

I suffered my worst results against higher OVR opposition and our league as a whole struggled so there may have been other results in play since entire tournaments seem slanted toward one team at times. But I definitely think they have tried to reduce the effectiveness of the three.

betaman411

All-Star 1
As far as "fixing" the goal tending issue, I still get successful block coupled with goal tending on contests at the rim.

picklegoat

Rookie 2
So the answer to the question so far after trying a few techniques is have the PG dribble the ball up and give it to a 95+ SF PF or C inside the 3 point line and do a driving layup dunk. Consistently +15 or better (up to mid 20s) this way. 3s are currently nerfed. the more that my league members keep trying ways to get back into the corner 3 groove, the more +5 2 qtr margins I see.

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.