• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

BB Simmons

Geobatz

Rookie 1
So, I got him for 12,5m and I was wondering if I should keep him. He probably has the best A.I. in the game and he can shoot the 3. I still have POTM Simmons and thinking of selling him. I was thinking of not training BB Simmons so I could sell him later, but with the need of having high ovr in this game, I don?t know... My team?s ovr wasn?t affected, it?s still 99. So, what should I do?

edlllpt

Pro 1
If I managed to pick one, I would train him immediately.

But if your OVR remains the same, could use the coins, and a cheap and good solution to get to 100 ovr isn't looking possible, It's not a bad idea to keep the auctionable status.
POTM Simmons never impressed me - to the point that I'm still going with the 87(94) xD

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
Honestly his AI is overrated at this point I shut him down with 99 Rose all the time the only time he ever does anything (any Simmons card for that matter) is in Showdown when he gets an easy BB but there are a lot of horrible players playing this game and people that just autoplay in showdown so he is useful in those cases but against good players he doesn't do much but if you're happy with the results and he didn't cost the majority of your coins then keep him but leave untrained

aramwot

Rookie 3
Staff member
Founder
I picked him up for 12m a few days ago also and have been contemplating training him, but have the same concerns as you.

I've decided to wait a week and max out the rest of my players and then decide...

Geobatz

Rookie 1
I was also thinking of getting his 92 TOTW card and maxing it out and selling the BB one. That TOTW card looks pretty good and seems to be able to shoot the 3.

Geobatz

Rookie 1
Honestly his AI is overrated at this point I shut him down with 99 Rose all the time the only time he ever does anything (any Simmons card for that matter) is in Showdown when he gets an easy BB but there are a lot of horrible players playing this game and people that just autoplay in showdown so he is useful in those cases but against good players he doesn't do much but if you're happy with the results and he didn't cost the majority of your coins then keep him but leave untrained

I don't know about you, but I can tell you I have a hard time every time I play against him in showdown. I can't steal the ball, he makes impossible shots and of course the buzzer beater is annoying, when it gets activated 30" before the end of the quarter.

Anatdoc

All-Star 3

I don't know about you, but I can tell you I have a hard time every time I play against him in showdown. I can't steal the ball, he makes impossible shots and of course the buzzer beater is annoying, when it gets activated 30" before the end of the quarter.
I find him difficult to handle with short pgs relatively.. the worst is when he keeps dribbling at the top of the key and I'll be spam stealing and then he'll put up the midrange shot.. evry single time

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief

I'm used to playing him so no matter who I use he gets shut down

Geobatz

Rookie 1

I'm used to playing him so no matter who I use he gets shut down
Teach me master ! Lol!

Cortes

Rookie 1
I have BB Simmons with great boosts and he is a monster on manual, never disappoints.. but I agree about his AI not being as great as it was months ago when 96-99 players where the best ones.

Geobatz

Rookie 1
So, what?s the verdict? My A.I?s results have improved for sure and that?s the most important thing that makes me wanna keep him. What would you suggest?

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
So, what?s the verdict? My A.I?s results have improved for sure and that?s the most important thing that makes me wanna keep him. What would you suggest?

Vs good players: he does almost nothing unless you're playing SD and don't manage the clock correctly
Vs bad players: he's great

It's up to you if he is worth more coins then you have available right now then sell him imo

edlllpt

Pro 1
If the game is hard - happens a lot in SD if the opponent has higher ovr - I still see it pulling up for a moving fadeaway and other stuff that is not exactly easy to defend.

Sure, he's easy to defend frequently, specially if the ovr is favorable, but if we are going that route, is there any PG with consistently good AI?

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
If the game is hard - happens a lot in SD if the opponent has higher ovr - I still see it pulling up for a moving fadeaway and other stuff that is not exactly easy to defend.

Sure, he's easy to defend frequently, specially if the ovr is favorable, but if we are going that route, is there any PG with consistently good AI?

No matter the overall difference his AI is overrated at this point sure not every PG is perfect but when you get used to playing someone so often their "OP AI" becomes a hindrance against sgood players much like CNY Lin last year you get their tendencies down and they become easy to stop the hardest PGs to play usually are ones that you never play on a consistent basis no matter the card of that player which is usually only the case for classic PGs

aramwot

Rookie 3
Staff member
Founder
I purchased him a few days ago and personally his manual for me is not that great.. it is extremely difficult to steal with him in comparison to stealing when using a pg like Curry 99 or 97 Lillard SM..
His 3pt shot is horrid...

However for defending he is great and if the rest of your team are shooters like mine are.. doesn't really matter if he only scores a BB 3 and maybe 1 regular 3..

The buzzer beater is handy as hell and I can easily see why he is a useful option for showdown.. my AI is 90% scoring above 13 points sometimes up to 19-22 points and that applies quite easily to OVR's up to 99 (I'm 98)

All in all from avg showdown qtr finishing around 25-32 points I'm finishing around 37-42 points now..

Geobatz

Rookie 1
I purchased him a few days ago and personally his manual for me is not that great.. it is extremely difficult to steal with him in comparison to stealing when using a pg like Curry 99 or 97 Lillard SM..

However for defending he is great and if the rest of your team are shooters like mine are.. doesn't really matter if he only scores a BB 3 and maybe 1 regular 3..

The buzzer beater is handy as hell and I can easily see why he is a useful option for showdown.. my AI is 90% scoring above 13 points sometimes up to 19-22 points and that applies quite easily to OVR's up to 99 (I'm 98)

All in all from avg showdown qtr finishing around 25-32 points I'm finishing around 37-42 points now..

It?s not that I don?t believe you, but can you show me a few screenshots of these 30+ quarters? Lol

It?s not that I don?t believe you, but can you show me a few screenshots of these 30+ quarters? Lol

He's probably talking about both quarters combined.

Geobatz

Rookie 1

He's probably talking about both quarters combined.
Lmao! Why didn?t I think of that? Hahaha! It makes sense now. But I?d still like to see those screenshots.

aramwot

Rookie 3
Staff member
Founder
I did mean both qtrs combined, the most I?ve got to in a single was around 27 or 28 pts..

I found a couple of screenshots, I don?t really take much unless I send it in a line chat to refer to something haha.

Btw, I maxed him out yesterday.

Attachments

• 41015E09-959A-4F94-8653-3E3E93838F59.jpeg
    41015E09-959A-4F94-8653-3E3E93838F59.jpeg
    159.8 KB · Views: 1,375
  • C0DE56BD-AD7B-47BC-8D53-115828685ACA.jpeg
    C0DE56BD-AD7B-47BC-8D53-115828685ACA.jpeg
    176.6 KB · Views: 1,385

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.