• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Battleground cards

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
Yeah they're just remakes of cards we have now most of which are stripped of boost and/or ability

dub365

All-Star 1
I think this mode will be worthwhile at the beginning of S4. Maybe longer if they get creative and actually give us good rewards. But right now.... Meh

edlllpt

Pro 1
Did anyone face one of those 100+ cards? Best I faced was Rip Hamilton and Kuzma (don't recall his play-style tho, too bad we can't re-check opponents like in Showdown).

Looking only at rewards, Billups is basically out of reach, and those 100+ cards must have a very limited pull %, but I'm liking this line-up/ tournament a lot more than the others with the main line-up.

No abilities
Everyone starting with the same (the 59ovr)
Low ovr cards brings more game inside instead of the endless runs to the 3pt line
AH and line-up building similar to the start of s3 with every 60+ line-up card having quick demand
With good results you quickly jump to an elite team
I'm satisfied with this one.

Yeah, the best part about pvp is the diversity of tourneys. You can choose what you want, not like SD, always the same.

Billups is reachable, but you have to play 5 tourneys daily, and finish with 4 or 5 wins all of them.

Edit: Turns out you can play battleground tournament 10 times daily. But still a lot of tickets needed.

Last edited:

edlllpt

Pro 1
Yeah, the best part about pvp is the diversity of tourneys. You can choose what you want, not like SD, always the same.

Billups is reachable, but you have to play 5 tourneys daily, and finish with 4 or 5 wins all of them.

Edit: Turns out you can play battleground tournament 10 times daily. But still a lot of tickets needed.

is anyone here reading this or that you know anywhere near that pace of successful battleground tournaments per day though?

Nah, my math is totally off since you can play the battleground tourney up to 10 times.

But I think you need at least 20 battleground points per day to get Billups.

HeinieManush

Rookie 1
Something I hate about battleground and PvP: players that use the chat feature. I don't need to see a smug mug when you dunk in a video game. It doesn't make you cool. Just play the game.

Just my opinion.

betaman411

All-Star 1
Something I hate about battleground and PvP: players that use the chat feature. I don't need to see a smug mug when you dunk in a video game. It doesn't make you cool. Just play the game.

Just my opinion.
I had a guy sending those when I was up 25-4. Lmfao

HeinieManush

Rookie 1
In the top left of the screen theres a symbol to click if you want to bring up the Emojis. Just to the right of that is another symbol..... That's the MUTE button.
Thanks... wish I could have hit that before the game started -- but I should have noticed it.

edlllpt

Pro 1
Nah, my math is totally off since you can play the battleground tourney up to 10 times.

But I think you need at least 20 battleground points per day to get Billups.

I'm saying i'm curious if anyone is playing that much all days, independently of the tournaments max/day.

edlllpt

Pro 1
One tournament a day for me (of the 3 possible) and I'm leaving my Battleground team at around 65.

I've played eight battleground tournaments so far, 4 after the Billups counter fix.

Results were good (reached 5 wins 5 times) so it compelled me to get a 'possible max team' which is 91 ovr (I'm yet to see any card beyond 100ovr) and there was a day I played 3 tournaments, but anything beyond that seems to require more dedication than historically crazy showdown weeks.

betaman411

All-Star 1
I've played eight battleground tournaments so far, 4 after the Billups counter fix.

Results were good (reached 5 wins 5 times) so it compelled me to get a 'possible max team' which is 91 ovr (I'm yet to see any card beyond 100ovr) and there was a day I played 3 tournaments, but anything beyond that seems to require more dedication than historically crazy showdown weeks.
Based on your other post, I just listed my 95 Marbury (that was just sitting in my inventory!).

I'm finding something refreshing in playing with a low OVR team (beyond playing "amateurs"). Some of the plays that are possible in this game are easily overlooked in a run-n-gun 3pt offense. Even some of the passes that certain animations require are fun to watch. Maybe it's just the monotony of s3 but PvP is a welcome addition to this game (in my opinion) and I know it's why you are back playing. Hopefully, they can tweak the responsiveness more but I'm glad they realeased the beta this season.

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.