• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Anyone here watch anime?

aramwot

Rookie 3
Staff member
Founder
Re: I know this is a really cringy question but

I use to, from about 10-17 yrs old.. a while ago now.

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
When I was younger I watched Dragonball, Dragonball Z, Dragonball GT, Cowboy Bebop, Big O, and Fullmetal Alchemist because they were on Toonami but stopped watching any of it until like 10 years later when Dragonball Super came out now I watch that but nothing else I was never into Naruto, One Piece, etc. Because those seemed like hardcore anime fan shows which wasn't really my thing

Techon

Rookie 1
When I was younger I watched Dragonball, Dragonball Z, Dragonball GT, Cowboy Bebop, Big O, and Fullmetal Alchemist because they were on Toonami but stopped watching any of it until like 10 years later when Dragonball Super came out now I watch that but nothing else I was never into Naruto, One Piece, etc. Because those seemed like hardcore anime fan shows which wasn't really my thing

Damn,you have some really good taste!!

aramwot

Rookie 3
Staff member
Founder
It's hard to remember them all.. but heres a few..

Dragonball, Z, GT
Full Metal Alchemist
Bleach
Code Geass
Ninja Scroll
Ghost in the Shell
Initial D
Rurouni Kenshin
Vampire Hunter D
Cowboy Bebop
Hellsing

I'm sure there was a couple more... but I've forgotten... I use to run a few anime streaming sites back in the day.. flipped them to buy my first car from what I recall.. Damn this brought back some good memories.

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief

Thanks lol btw I changed the title so people know what to expect before clicking

Techon

Rookie 1

Thanks lol btw I changed the title so people know what to expect before clicking

No problem. personally, Fullmetal Alchemist is one of the best anime I've seen in my life, the opening in brotherhood is beautiful too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uq34TeWEdQ

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief

No problem. personally, Fullmetal Alchemist is one of the best anime I've seen in my life, the opening in brotherhood is beautiful too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uq34TeWEdQ

I haven't seen any of the different shows of FA just the original the first part of the original series was sad but interesting also I forgot to mention Inuyasha that was probably my favorite non-DB anime as a kid

aramwot

Rookie 3
Staff member
Founder
Inuyasha was awesome too.

I always watched jap with eng subs.. never in english.. except DBZ... as that was on TV with corny ass voice overs.. however did watch it again in jap.. so much more raw in jap.

Techon

Rookie 1

I always watched jap with eng subs.. never in english.. except DBZ... as that was on TV with corny ass voice overs.. however did watch it again in jap.. so much more raw in jap.

agreed. dub is usually garbage

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief

agreed. dub is usually garbage

I don't agree with that at all I prefer the dubs (real dubs not just voices over the same mouthing of Japanese words) because I don't want to read the entire time it takes away from enjoying the show when you have to look out for what is said as well as what they're doing as opposed to just hearing it I could've easily finished Super months ago but I just hate watching subs for that reason sure they change some of the words but the excuse I hear a lot is "the Japanese versions have some jokes that don't work well in dubs" well since they usually replace those anyways with jokes that actually hit in America that excuse doesn't make sense plus the Japanese versions sound like girls most times especially when they fight most of this is coming from DBS as I don't really remember ever watching a sub for another anime but they do subs in shows and movies for other stuff and I don't really like it but it's usually important to the project and usually based on realistic stuff instead of a fantasy world

Vheenie

Rookie 1
I actually prefer to watch anime with eng sub, it perfectly syncs with the action and the voice actors are really good. Sometimes I don't really need to read the sub coz I know what some words mean due to the fact that I have heard the word over and over again. And I'm just used to watching and reading subs, doesn't feel like I'm reading feels like I'm doing both simultaneously so it doesn't affect me. Watching in English dub take the thrills away, feels weird and dumb

Vheenie

Rookie 1
I have really watched lots of anime, can't name them all but I can name the ones I remember.

Fairytail
Tokyo ghoul
Shingeki no kyojin
Hunter x hunter
Kuroku no basket
Haikyuu
One piece
Naruto
Bleach
Boku no hero academia
Sword art online
Same GA kill
Mob psycho
Psycho pass
Bonguo stray dogs
Blue exorcist
Twin exorcist
Hajime no ippo
fullmetal alchemist
Gintama
Steins gate
Code geass
One punch man
Violet evergarden
No game no life
Overlord
Seven deadly sins
Captain subasa
Shokugeki no souma
Assassination classroom
Death note
Fate (all the series)
Mobile suit Gundam
I can keep going on but will stop here

exarchris

Rookie 1
I would recommend these:
Slice of life
3-gatsu no Lion
Historical
Arslan Senki
Drifters
Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu
Action
Fate
Supernatural
Monogatari
Mushishi
Natsume Yuujinchou
Shounen
Boku no Hero Academia
Mystery
Bungou Stray Dogs
Durarara
Drama
Clannad
Koe no Katachi (movie)
Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin
Psychological
Death Parade
Fantasy
Hai to Gensou no Grimgar
Made in Abyss
Comedy
Grand Blue
Nichijou
Saiki Kusuo no ?-nan
Sports
Haikyuu
Kuroko no Basket
Adventure
Jojo
Gaming
Log Horizon
Thriller
Steins Gate
Another

I was a film major in school and often like to partake in film polls. At one point, I was involved in a Best Animated Film poll and started watching a ton of older anime. I like sports animes like Yawara-chan, Ashita no Joe, Touch, and Ace wo Nerae! I also like romantic comedies like Urusei Yatsura, Maison Ikkoku, and Kimagure Orange Road. My all-time favorite series is Rose of Versailles.

I like a lot of the older Miyazaki/Takahata TV shows as well. My daughter and I watched Heidi together when she was four and enjoyed that.

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.