• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Anyone actually buying elite players now?

Gareth64

Rookie 1
I ask because I?ve been levelling up both elevate players, grinding for next gen for the coming weeks as well as Embiid and Harden and getting OM harden and shaq but I?ve not been buying any elites for a number of reasons:

1. If buying an elite means selling another to fit him in and to free up space in the lineup (unless I want to stash them for additional lineups), then I?m not sure it?ll sell in the AH.
2. I haven?t read much feedback (apart from a bit on OM 81 OVRs) on program elites to think it?s worth it. 82 Garnett seems to be great though and is a problem to play against in showdown but is the card worth 360k bid and over 400k bin?
3. Im generally keeping coins for future campaigns and programs.

Are there any exceptional 82+ cards in the AH right now???

Cheers

edlllpt

Pro 1
Re: Anyone actually buying players at the mo??? (Elites)

Elites I got from the AH this season and the reasons -

- 80 Trey Young - before market changes - since it looked like a good and rare card to have at that point - starter

- 81 Vince Carter - for showdown bonus and coach combo purposes - bench

- 81 Steve Francis - for the fan boost and coach combo purposes - bench

- 80 Bradley Beal - cheap elite to complete the full elite line-up - bench

- 82 Kawhi Leonard - to reach 81ovr and consequently be more competitive in LvL and SD - starter.

Now 'Is certain card worth the value?' depends a lot of what you're doing in the game at the moment, whether or not that acquisition impacts your ovr and your progress in the 'free' cards also matters.

dub365

All-Star 1

I only bought a couple to help me get to 80 (base Tatum & base Jordan before they made Embiid easy to level) Thought about buying Garnett but with lots of new content coming, I'm saving coin instead. Almost have a mil saved. Close to hitting 82 OVR but I'm gonna wait bc I'm sure I'll get something from Tip off that gets me there. If not, I can always buy Garnett later. Plenty in the AH....

Haven't seen anything that I have to have right now but I'd maybe pull the trigger on Trending Lillard if I saw one

cire2245

Rookie 3

Same, saving coins at the moment and waiting for the next promo. I am not participating sd and just playing it for objectives so don't feel the urgency to upgrade my lineup now, just playing the events to max westbrook and griffin and aqcuire 81 harden.

Healer

Rookie 1

I only bought 2 elites this season, Steph curry in first 3 days and Beal when EA lowered the min "cap" (I thought I got a snipe* and will sell for profit .. ended up losing 56k ..) and both are outside of my LU now and ofc I can't sell them .

So I'm just saving coins for now, I don't need high ovr anyway cuz I don't play SD/LvL for now (will be 82 ovr tomorrow, just need 1.7k TPs to max train Westbrook so that's enough for f2p I think) .

I bought Lillard after the price drop, I would consider buying more but I don't want to blow through my coins this early in the season. It may be worth it by buy one of those Otto Porter Jrs as there's supposed to be an elite trade in set for 80-82 OVs during the Tip-Off promo.

I've noticed about a 10K increase in the price of a lot of base 80s. Has anyone been paid out for an elite sale lately?? I know I pretty much stopped trying with how it appears to be broken, but tossed Jokic on to see what would happen. No luck, of course (even if people saw the card, a lot of people have Shaq).

Altavilla

Pro 1
Not buying any elites right now.

I feel the 100k minimum cap for most 80's has to come down eventually, and so will 81's, 82's, etc.
So, I'm waiting for the next drop. (This is specially valid for me, since I only "need" high OVR's for 2x SD and 2x LvL games everyday so... I don't really need high OVR's.)

picklegoat

Rookie 2
it's a tough balance because elites will no doubt drop and today's best cards 82s/83s etc will eventually not be on your roster but having them now allows you to be better than other teams and also enjoy the game. also having elites could help in a future set. with that said i'm saving coin and rep and nba cash because it's too early. would like to buy a sick pack/card around the xmas promo and have a head start on the in season part of the game which is the most fun.

I have the opposite problem, I'm unwillingly hoarding elites since I can't get rid of them so it would be pointless to buy any.

It's crazy because there are people out there that are buying just to get their OVR to certain requirements, but EA can't be bothered to let us sell them these people. Instead, a mirror is created and sold but no coins given to original owner.

Brian did say there will be an elite trade in coming soon with "good value". Good value were the words he used, but I'm afraid that EA's idea of "good value" may be notoriously flawed. I guess we will see, but nothing from previous experience has shown EA has giving us "good value" in mind. I do recall him mention something like one elite and X amount of "tokens" in exchange for a promo elite and coach. I'm not sure what he means by tokens, could be 70-74 golds, 75-79 golds or maybe even some actual tokens from a promo.

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
I have the opposite problem, I'm unwillingly hoarding elites since I can't get rid of them so it would be pointless to buy any.

It's crazy because there are people out there that are buying just to get their OVR to certain requirements, but EA can't be bothered to let us sell them these people. Instead, a mirror is created and sold but no coins given to original owner.

Brian did say there will be an elite trade in coming soon with "good value". Good value were the words he used, but I'm afraid that EA's idea of "good value" may be notoriously flawed. I guess we will see, but nothing from previous experience has shown EA has giving us "good value" in mind. I do recall him mention something like one elite and X amount of "tokens" in exchange for a promo elite and coach. I'm not sure what he means by tokens, could be 70-74 golds, 75-79 golds or maybe even some actual tokens from a promo.

I'm pretty sure it will be like the movers set but with a coach attached

I've seen a lot of people selling their 81 OVR Offseason Movers in recent days. EA appears to have changed something in the AH as the bot is buying up cards at a high rate.

I'm pretty sure it will be like the movers set but with a coach attached

Not....bad.....hopefully not as many "boxes/tokens" will be needed. Those were sold in the store or found in the bonus packs. Just seemed kind of off to have to pay to trade in elites when we can't sell them because the AH is jacked.

I've seen a lot of people selling their 81 OVR Offseason Movers in recent days. EA appears to have changed something in the AH as the bot is buying up cards at a high rate.

Those 81+ cards always had a better sell rate, I think. It was just a matter of folks having the 200K and wanting to actually spend it on those cards. AH would even give the seller their cut, as well.

80 elites are/were a total different story, :(

Selling the Offseason Movers at the end of the promo was nigh on impossible. Now the bot is starting to buy them. For some reason, the bot is also buying the Offseason Movers golds at high prices despite their depreciation at the end of the promo. You can literally snipe an OSM gold for 6k and sell it for 25k.

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.