• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

Anthony Davis requests trade

SAVAGE21_NBA

Rookie 3
This was not a surprise really the guy was struggling in new orleans

Any guesses on where will he land I think Boston or rockets or maybe lakers if they are willing to give up Lonzo Kuzma etc

timsg0102

Rookie 2
So many leaks from Davis' team & New Orleans since late summer....quite obvious he was being targeted.

Once Pelicans lost so many good starters in the summer...

Hetzer

Rookie 1
I think it would be nice to cite the source for these kinds of news. In this case, [Woj].
I don't really see Houston getting him, there is no way NOLA will take CP3's contract.Houston would have to give up Capela, PJ and some picks which means sacrificing an already non existant roster depth.
Boston would have to give up Tatum and Brown and some picks& role players. I think I read somewhere that AD's camp doesnt want to go to Boston because Kyrie might leave.
Lakers can offer Kuzma+another young guy+picks and this seems like the most likely one
because Rich Paul is Lebron's agent as well.
I've heard that NYK is targeting Davis but I don't see that happening.

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
I don't want him to go to the Lakers for the simple fact that the fan base and city usually act like they're owed everything just like NYC and the Yankees but all the trade packages I hear about are all low balled packages the Lakers don't have the best assets as some would think but that is ignored because of the link of LeBron and AD but he doesn't have a no trade clause so New Orleans can trade him wherever and whenever they want and honestly I think they wait until after the draft lottery so they have a full table of draft picks to choose from since they know where each pick will end up at that point because it's apparent since they can't compete with a top 3 player that trading for anything other than young stars is a no-go

Anatdoc

All-Star 3
I don't want him to go to the Lakers for the simple fact that the fan base and city usually act like they're owed everything just like NYC and the Yankees but all the trade packages I hear about are all low balled packages the Lakers don't have the best assets as some would think but that is ignored because of the link of LeBron and AD but he doesn't have a no trade clause so New Orleans can trade him wherever and whenever they want and honestly I think they wait until after the draft lottery so they have a full table of draft picks to choose from since they know where each pick will end up at that point because it's apparent since they can't compete with a top 3 player that trading for anything other than young stars is a no-go
Ya really makes no sense for NO to jump the gun.. The reality is they can take all the time they want.. They just have to get it done b4 he becomes a free agent..
If they do end up making a trade in the next 10 days it will be a shock but have to assume its going to be something great..
I wonder if what the lakees have is enuf for the pelicans.. The only way it would be if they tank the season from this point on so as to get a higher draft pick. But if they dont get AD i wonder if lebron i ready to repeat last years playoff performance in the west.

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
Ya really makes no sense for NO to jump the gun.. The reality is they can take all the time they want.. They just have to get it done b4 he becomes a free agent..
If they do end up making a trade in the next 10 days it will be a shock but have to assume its going to be something great..
I wonder if what the lakees have is enuf for the pelicans.. The only way it would be if they tank the season from this point on so as to get a higher draft pick. But if they dont get AD i wonder if lebron i ready to repeat last years playoff performance in the west.

Yeah they seem to want to take their time based on what they said and doing that is the best idea especially if they have their eye on the Celtics' assets they have to wait until after Kyrie becomes a free agent unless they want him back in the trade because both AD and Kyrie can't be on the same team under their current contracts due to the Rose rule so they can wait until that trade option opens up and end up with another team to trade with that would be a contender if they wanted to fulfill AD's wish

combat008

Rookie 1
I think it would be nice to cite the source for these kinds of news. In this case, [Woj].
I don't really see Houston getting him, there is no way NOLA will take CP3's contract.Houston would have to give up Capela, PJ and some picks which means sacrificing an already non existant roster depth.
Boston would have to give up Tatum and Brown and some picks& role players. I think I read somewhere that AD's camp doesnt want to go to Boston because Kyrie might leave.
Lakers can offer Kuzma+another young guy+picks and this seems like the most likely one

Its impossible for boston to get AD unless they trade Kyrie until the summer.

Anatdoc

All-Star 3

Its impossible for boston to get AD unless they trade Kyrie until the summer.
Trading kyrie would be a big mistake according to me.. he might not be the best leader.. but when u need a game winner he is cold blooded.. plus i dont think rozier is ready

Hetzer

Rookie 1
Whoops forgot about the Rose rule. Trading Kyrie will be useless for NOLA anyways because he's gonna leave if he gets traded to NOLA. Toughest two week stretch for New Orleans sports fans in history.

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.