• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

83 OVR Offseason Movers requirements are absurd

I have nothing against Brian. I think he's a great guy and has done a fantastic job of communicating with the NBALM community. But how did he sign off on this?

They want us to trade in 5 81 OVR elites for an 83 OVR elite? Even if that(s grindable, why would anyone trade in that many elites for a single card? There's no way that it makes sense. 5 81s and the 80 LeBron/Shaq would give you a better lineup than the 83 card and the market value of 5 elites is a cool million.

And to top it off, they introduced a grindable 84 OVR SF and C as part of their newest program.

There is a chance that FTPs can get an 80 OVR LeBron and Shaq out of this promo and 1 or 2 81 elites, They may even pull an 82 elite from a pack. That's not a bad haul but to be honest I can't see why PTW players would be enthused by the set requirements. It seems like way too much way too soon.

FTP or PTW, they've essentially made the 83 Durant obsolete with the 85 LeBron and the 83 LeBron and Shaq obsolete with the...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

Yikes lol. That's amazing. 5 regular elites was bad enough, but 5 offseason mover elites???? I've opened over 10 of those packs and haven't gotten one but I know it's a long shot in the 3% packs.

I haven't even checked what the requirement would be to buy 5 of those offseason elites from the store but I guess one could also pick em from the AH but again, as OP said, WHY would anyone do THIS?

I guess we will find out soon enough by how often we spot him in lineups.

That's nothing, you need 10 elites for the 85! That's 15 81ovr elites for ONE 85ovr card. Insane! I'm selling everything, :cry: :|

ndbfjdn

Rookie 1
Well i just unlocked the 80 lebron so i guess that's the end of that promo for me. Probably put my stamina towards showdown or the new next gen masters instead.

By the way, did everyone find that shaq free throw event as frustrating as i did? Even with a perfect release every time it took me 5 tries of the event to complete it

exarchris

Rookie 1
Well i just unlocked the 80 lebron so i guess that's the end of that promo for me. Probably put my stamina towards showdown or the new next gen masters instead.

By the way, did everyone find that shaq free throw event as frustrating as i did? Even with a perfect release every time it took me 5 tries of the event to complete it

I was having a heart attack every time I released the shot. Dude just can't shoot.

ndbfjdn

Rookie 1

I was having a heart attack every time I released the shot. Dude just can't shoot.
As soon as i saw the description included "shaq" and "free throw" i knew it would be a struggle. I guess at least EA were being accurate with this challenge :lol:

Was looking at some of the bundles and wheeeew it is scary how much you'd have to spend to complete multiple 81 elite sets, just to turn them in for Lebron that's slightly, and I mean slightly, better than the 80 version. Damn. Well, we were informed ahead of time that only the 80s would be easily grind able where the others simply aren't. I just. So, a week from now wil we see 84-5 rated lineups? I think I saw an 83 which is just....

betaman411

All-Star 1

As soon as i saw the description included "shaq" and "free throw" i knew it would be a struggle. I guess at least EA were being accurate with this challenge :lol:
Guess I finally got lucky with my stamina. Took 4 tries to make 3. I was surprised it wasn't "harder". Should've known my turn was the exception.

Gareth64

Rookie 1
I guess what?s also frustrating is that there?s still over a week to go on this promo, but if you?ve got your 80 OVR (or both), you?re done now. I did the Heat Movers today to get the silvers and golds to finish 80 Shaq, having finished 80 Lebron a couple of days ago, and I?ll probably try the Lakers Movers just to complete the campaign and get the XP etc but there?s little point else...

ndbfjdn

Rookie 1
I guess what?s also frustrating is that there?s still over a week to go on this promo, but if you?ve got your 80 OVR (or both), you?re done now. I did the Heat Movers today to get the silvers and golds to finish 80 Shaq, having finished 80 Lebron a couple of days ago, and I?ll probably try the Lakers Movers just to complete the campaign and get the XP etc but there?s little point else...

I guess you can grind for golds to sell but it's not like there's a lot else to throw your time towards unless you want to do showdown or the new Klay/Giannis/Drummond cards

I guess you can grind for golds to sell but it's not like there's a lot else to throw your time towards unless you want to do showdown or the new Klay/Giannis/Drummond cards

No way in heck I get the 83, but I'll still try to scrape to get an 81 elite from silver and just grabbing cheap golds

Alekk

Rookie 2
A quick jump from 10 golds to 125, to possibly 250 (if the final set requires offseason elites) is ridonculous. It went from FTP to Empty your credit card to play.

ramizi

Rookie 2
That is an absolute disgrace!
A complete classic EA money grab & that makes no coins economy reason none what so ever!

We should all tell EA to publish the full terms & conditions of a program as early as possible.

Had I known this I would not have gotten even the 76 versions & just sell all the golds or go for the 81 elites set.
This is what I am going to do from now on.

Is funny that in one thread say "F2P players can get a 83 if they grind", well, let me say, 5 elites for a 83, is not worth, even for a player who put money into the game

panospap

Rookie 1
The core of the problem is that we have only 1 lineup. Of course cards will become quickly obsolete, of course people will spend less time and/or money with just 1 lineup. There are already tones of SFs, so why should I go for LeBron?
We have to address it that we need more lineups. It doesn't make sense and I cannot see where the difficulty is to add some. It should be their first priority in order to make the game roll better in every aspect.

betaman411

All-Star 1
The core of the problem is that we have only 1 lineup. Of course cards will become quickly obsolete, of course people will spend less time and/or money with just 1 lineup. There are already tones of SFs, so why should I go for LeBron?
We have to address it that we need more lineups. It doesn't make sense and I cannot see where the difficulty is to add some. It should be their first priority in order to make the game roll better in every aspect.

LMFAO...I have Wiggins, Giannis, PG13 and now LBJ. The problem is I find LBJ to be the best one (unfortunately).

dub365

All-Star 1
There's no way Im sinking $ into this for the LBJ 83 and my Tatum plays well enough that I doubt Bron is far superior. Was a few elite tokens short of the 80 but I decided to sell my golds & buy Pau which will put me at an 80 OVR and have a lineup of good shooters. I'll try my luck at Next Gen & the other new program instead

gnu

Rookie 1

There have been hints dropped that there will be more lineups added for tip-off.

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.