• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

83 OVR Offseason Movers requirements are absurd

Was looking at some of the bundles and wheeeew it is scary how much you'd have to spend to complete multiple 81 elite sets, just to turn them in for Lebron that's slightly, and I mean slightly, better than the 80 version. Damn. Well, we were informed ahead of time that only the 80s would be easily grind able where the others simply aren't. I just. So, a week from now wil we see 84-5 rated lineups? I think I saw an 83 which is just....

Brian said that FTP might be able to grind to the 83 but I guess he didn't take into account that most FTP players want to keep an 81 in their lineup let alone trade in five of them. If it had been 5 regular elites I may have gone for it, or even 3 promo elites, but if that's what they want for an 83 OVR, what are they going to require for a 90 OVR card and beyond?

Angtheman

Rookie 1
Shaq and Lebron 83ovr craziness!!

I haven?t seen any post and I?m shocked no one has mentioned this. Maybe I just didn?t search right.

5 81 elite movers for an 83ovr? What is EA smoking???!!!

5 regular elite, I would understand. But 5 81 ovr which have way better stats is craziness!!

I wish I would have know and not spent my 20 gold movers for Shaq and Lebron. Could had sold it and gotten DJ and maybe even Melo!!

Anyone think they should change it?

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
Re: Shaq and Lebron 83ovr craziness!!

I haven?t seen any post and I?m shocked no one has mentioned this. Maybe I just didn?t search right.

5 81 elite movers for an 83ovr? What is EA smoking???!!!

5 regular elite, I would understand. But 5 81 ovr which have way better stats is craziness!!

I wish I would have know and not spent my 20 gold movers for Shaq and Lebron. Could had sold it and gotten DJ and maybe even Melo!!

Anyone think they should change it?

I merged your topic because there in fact already is a thread about this and many mentions in another thread

I have a suspicion that all promos will be structured like this where f2p players will be able to grind to a certain point and attain the non-auctionable versions but if you want the fully upgraded /auctionable master you would have to spend cash due to ridiculous requirements. This ensures f2p players can't make coins while forcing people to spend cash if they want the final master. Welcome to season 3.

G2theMoney

Rookie 3
I have a suspicion that all promos will be structured like this where f2p players will be able to grind to a certain point and attain the non-auctionable versions but if you want the fully upgraded /auctionable master you would have to spend cash due to ridiculous requirements. This ensures f2p players can't make coins while forcing people to spend cash if they want the final master. Welcome to season 3.

this seems a very likely scenario.. so the new f2p mantra is likely to be "sell early, then slow and steady and build what you can" approach

kirid96

Rookie 1

totally agree

this way they manage to always keep a distance between what a top f2p player can achieve vs p2p

sure theres gonna be grindable elites but by the time you get them, you're gonna get overpowered by the newer cards

just gonna have to reel back my expectations for the game

Anika

Rookie 1
I agree with the req to get the 83 ovrs and so I decided to stop at 80 ovrs. I also think that the slow pace of the game in s3 is way better than s1 and s2 since you really need to spend to get a higher ovr and I can see that not many is willing to spend that much. Let's face it, s1 and s2 was easy for most when the cash bug still existed and coin selling/ buying and now that's out of the picture. The real game begins. Happy grinding and gaming. :)

timsg0102

Rookie 2
I already hv LBJ 80 and Shaq D 80, and its not bad. But 83s for both, no arguments about the absurdity.

I am probably aiming to get Melo 83 at #3...and so I can either experiment LBJ or Melo in the LvL games.

For the most part, promos have always been designed for PTW players to complete. The exceptions were when FTP players had a great pull and could sell it for huge coins, or for FTP players were adept at playing the market. My main concern about this promo is that it's only an 83 we're dealing with. It's pretty early in the season to be shut out like this. If the 83 had been grindable and the 85 had been PTW everything would have been cool. The simple fact is that whoever is in charge of pricing this stuff overrates EA's content no matter how hard Brian and his team work on it. LeBron might be the best card in the game but he's not worth the investment to anyone who's played seasons 1 and 2.

edlllpt

Pro 1
Brian said that FTP might be able to grind to the 83 but I guess he didn't take into account that most FTP players want to keep an 81 in their lineup let alone trade in five of them

that f2p definition should be 'free to play 16h a day' or something xD I guess it's possible even keeping a decent LU, but it's not reasonable to say that.

As a f2p player in:
Season 1: I completed every single master.
Season 2: I couldn't complete some due to requirements.
Season 3: So far I've been unable to complete any master (none of the rookies because of dupes, none of the rookie legends because it was p2w & no live events, now I'll be forced to stop at 80 for movers due to requirements)

Clearly there is a pattern here and I fear it will only get worse.

Williamof3

Rookie 1
This has been their goal. Because free players had great teams the last two years they are more likely to spend money now to achieve that.

As a f2p player in:
Season 3: So far I've been unable to complete any master (none of the rookies because of dupes, none of the rookie legends because it was p2w & no live events, now I'll be forced to stop at 80 for movers due to requirements)

I highly doubt you completed ALL of the Mobile Madness Masters from Season 1as a f2p player.....

As a f2p player in:

I highly doubt you completed ALL of the Mobile Madness Masters from Season 1as a f2p player.....
Most of them I did. I believe I didn't complete 2 of them because I didn't want to but I could have easily done so. My point is every set WAS possible to complete if you wanted, but there has been a change on some promos to where even if you spend $100s there is chance you still may not complete a set. A good example of this is last seasons final promo with master Curry and Lebron. Some people spent $100s but due to the dupes and the way the promo was structured were not able to complete any of them with no chance for f2p players. I just feel that more often were seeing promos structured in a similar way making it harder for us to complete masters.

Remember most of the sets back in the day had auctionable collectibles which you could just buy, in fact all requirements were easily attainable either through live events, coin packs and in the AH so completing sets was not that hard. Now there is a random aspect to sets. It started last season and we've already seen it this season where if you need a collectible, you have to do a set that spits out random collectibles and not necessarily for the player you want. I'm not saying it is impossible but unless you get lucky and pull all the collectibles you need there is a chance you can't complete the set. The rookie campaign is a good example. I grinded every day and was missing 1 collectible for each of the 3 rookies.

I think Brian raised people's expectations when he said the 83 would be grindable. Brian is a nice guy but recent comments he's made suggest he's still learning the ins and outs of the game in regards to how it works for players, not testers and developers.

You can still get a decent haul out of this promo if you're f2p. I was bumped from a 77 OVR to a 78 OVR which unlocked the extra live events, got the 78 Williams for my starting lineup (which pretty much negated the need to buy an 80 OVR pg), built the 80 OVR LeBron and Shaq and can probably get an 81 if I don't end up selling the golds.

Others made coins off the promo and the pull rates for the 82 cards were pretty good. I've seen a fair number of screenshots of people pulling 2 82s from the same pack.

There have been much worse promos in NBALM history. The concern for me is what this means for future Masters. Since they realized that they've priced other things too high (the cost of training Embiid, etc.) perhaps they will come to their senses, but I can't understand what goes through their minds when they plan these things out. Maybe they're planning all this for the top 1% who spend cash on this game to stay on top of the Showdown leaderboard. Who knows.

betaman411

All-Star 1
There have been much worse promos in NBALM history. The concern for me is what this means for future Masters. Since they realized that they've priced other things too high (the cost of training Embiid, etc.) perhaps they will come to their senses, but I can't understand what goes through their minds when they plan these things out. Maybe they're planning all this for the top 1% who spend cash on this game to stay on top of the Showdown leaderboard. Who knows.

The operative word in the bolded section is ?plan?.

66RuckerPark

Rookie 1
Did they think this scheme was gonna make ppl spend more money? because this makes me want to grind the game less and spend no more money on it smh.

dub365

All-Star 1
Did they think this scheme was gonna make ppl spend more money? because this makes me want to grind the game less and spend no more money on it smh.

Idk, looking at the top 100 in SD.....it sure looks like they've been raking in the cash lately. I mean, I don't know how you have an 82 OVR team right now without spending at least $500 real money. That seems like a lot to me so early on.....

rrfb

Rookie 1
I'm not convinced this promo is really that much more expensive than what we're used to. All the other promos in this format require an un-grindable amount of promo elites to get the highest ovr master. The big difference is that no one has enough coins right now to buy those elites from the AH.

These first two promos haven't been great for F2P, but I don't think they've been as bad as people are making them seen. I walked away from the Rookies promo with 350k coins and a 78 ovr lineup. By the time Offseason Movers ends, I should be up to 80 ovr and if I ever get these elite cards to sell, I'll make at least a couple hundred thousand coins. Those are pretty decent returns in my opinion. As long as I can continue improving my lineup and/or make some coins, I can't complain too much.

I've said it before, but I think people would enjoy this game a lot more if they just lowered their expectations. If you go into every single promo expecting to get a free master, you're going to be disappointed more often than not.

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.