• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

2019 NBA All-Star Promo

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
r9cbjq2887f21.jpg

Live Date: February 8, 2019 at 6:00 AM EST

End of Campaign: February 20, 2019 at 6:00 AM EST

End of Sets: February 26, 2019 at 6:00 AM EST

?

zaqqykqf87f21.png

In our All-Star campaign, you will team up with Captain Giannis or Captain Lebron to draft the ultimate All-Star team! Acquire All-Star votes to draft players, build your All-Star lineup and play in the All-Star game. Earn 98 OVR Master Giannis, 98 OVR Master Lebron, and the FIRST campaign platinum 100 OVR All-Star MVP!

izlzii9j87f21.jpg

Campaign Map
The first choice in the All-Star campaign is to pick your captain: 82 OVR Giannis or 82 OVR Lebron. Picking your captain sets which master you are building towards first, but both masters and the MVP can be earned no matter which captain you choose first.
Once your captain is chosen, your focus turns to collecting...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

So, those that remember North Pole campaign, it was kind of coin heavy, as in you had to spend 700K coins or so per master. Tough for a newer player that just started. This campaign appears to be exact opposite, where it's PERFECT for a newer player, no coins required and those lower overall players may severely help em lol.

Tough shake for those that are already 96-97 ovr...but you know what they say (I hate this saying, btw): "Every promo isn't for everyone"

What exciting new bugs will they have in store for us this time?

I like the fact that you can grind for the promo while playing other game modes. That is a step in the right direction.

I would have preferred higher OVR elites but i guess the way the promo is balanced makes sense.

zephyr

Rookie 1
from where I stand even one master is extremely tough to grind unless we get ads back or stamina events. thoughts?

dub365

All-Star 1
from where I stand even one master is extremely tough to grind unless we get ads back or stamina events. thoughts?

I don't think so. Did some quick math and over 10 days, if you use all daily "free" stamina, I think you can get around 170,000 fans or votes or whatever it is this time. According to their chart, you only need like 125,000 to get a Master. So that doesn't seem too bad. And that math included first win bonuses but not bonus packs, LVL rewards, etc. No way in hell you'll get 2 masters but 1 seems pretty easy and actually may be fun since you can play multiple game modes

Anatdoc

All-Star 3

I don't think so. Did some quick math and over 10 days, if you use all daily "free" stamina, I think you can get around 170,000 fans or votes or whatever it is this time. According to their chart, you only need like 125,000 to get a Master. So that doesn't seem too bad. And that math included first win bonuses but not bonus packs, LVL rewards, etc. No way in hell you'll get 2 masters but 1 seems pretty easy and actually may be fun since you can play multiple game modes

I like the multiple game modes aspect
Just wish there were more players to choose from.. somehow 'just' 2 masters seems a little anticlimactic for an all star promo..

zephyr

Rookie 1

so roughly 1,200 stamina per day (remember, no ads or stamina events). 1 stamina = 150/25 = 6 fans. so 7,200 fans per day or 72,000 for the entire promo. to get 1 master you neen 12,500 per day... unless you heavily play seasons to make 1 stamina = 8 fans (and die from boredom as a result), it's tight, even if I throw in objectives, first wins, etc.

dub365

All-Star 1

so roughly 1,200 stamina per day (remember, no ads or stamina events). 1 stamina = 150/25 = 6 fans. so 7,200 fans per day or 72,000 for the entire promo. to get 1 master you neen 12,500 per day... unless you heavily play seasons to make 1 stamina = 8 fans (and die from boredom as a result), it's tight, even if I throw in objectives, first wins, etc.

My "quick" math seems to be off. But yours is too conservative. There's 1490 available stamina per day. The best bet is Showdown bc you get 200 votes for 20 stamina as opposed to 150 votes for 25 stamina in events. If you split half your stamina between events and Showdown ( and you have a high enough OVR to win most matches) I figure you can get 13k + per day.
1490? 2= 745
* 745 ? 25 (stamina per event) ? 150 votes= 4,470 votes
* 745?20 (stamina per SD match) ? 200= 7,450 votes
* Add 1800 votes for first win bonus

7450 + 4470 + 1800= 13,720 votes per day. Way overestimating votes from Showdown but we'll also get votes from bonus packs, objectives, LVL, etc. I still think 1Master will not require a ton of effort if you normally play a lot

I love it when people do the math. I didn't think it was grindable at first glance and probably would have wasted a day figuring out whether to bother grinding it. So just to get this right, one master is definitely grindable?

dub365

All-Star 1
Disappointed in the lack of high overall players. also what happened to the reserve players?
I don't get it. With all the stuff going on for all Star weekend, you'd think they would take advantage and have lots of unique stuff going on. All the players' OVR are too low and there's no reserves. I guess it's nice there aren't any useless golds this time. Cool that we can get one of 2 masters for free, but for anyone with a good lineup, there's no point in ANYTHING ELSE. None of the 10 players outside the Masters would make my bench. They don't even have boosts. Smh.

With the new dunk animations, too bad they couldn't do some kind of dunk contest event/ set. Would be a good way to give out one of these new Dunk Players they're talking about. Oh well, it is what it is. Not the worst promo I've seen.

dub365

All-Star 1
I love it when people do the math. I didn't think it was grindable at first glance and probably would have wasted a day figuring out whether to bother grinding it. So just to get this right, one master is definitely grindable?

Brotha, EA_Jenny said it's grindable so it must be. Lol

X_1618

Rookie 1
?The captain you choose at the beginning of All-Star determines the order in which you receive the Masters, so choose wisely!?
so, any suggestion for grinding your captain player? I am planning to get PF Giannis.

The pattern in recent times has been to make a portion of each promo grindable. I would be surprised if people can?t build at least one of the masters. They are sticking to their guns about the AH unfortunately. Personally, I don?t understand why they think lower caps encourage folks to spend when they can just buy the masters off the auction block for next to nothing.

Altavilla

Pro 1
?The captain you choose at the beginning of All-Star determines the order in which you receive the Masters, so choose wisely!?
so, any suggestion for grinding your captain player? I am planning to get PF Giannis.

Still not sure on what it means picking one or the other. Determines the order? What order?

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.