• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

2018 NBA Awards Promo Info

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
This is a huge upload that took several attempts that kept failing until I finally broke down and downloaded the Imgur app but here's the promo pics.

Guys due to the size of this promo (We have over 50 different screenshots) please click the link below to view the full gallery of photos.

http://imgur.com/gallery/P8gD66L

Alekk

Rookie 2
Looks good so far, we could do without a millionth Shaq card though.
Wish the masters were award winners, but those will likely come later.

yalahat

Rookie 1
That Shaq doesn't look so worth all the grind. The nominees should have boosts, damn, I really need to pump the ovr of my bench.

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
That Shaq doesn't look so worth all the grind. The nominees should have boosts, damn, I really need to pump the ovr of my bench.

Shaq could easily be free so the resale value alone is worth it imo but not worth it to use because Shaq cards are trash as well as ITP cards are on AI except for UL Mutombo from last season

yalahat

Rookie 1

Shaq could easily be free so the resale value alone is worth it imo but not worth it to use because Shaq cards are trash as well as ITP cards are on AI except for UL Mutombo from last season

You think that nominees will change to "winners"? I've saw that the tokens will be changed, but nothing related to players.

I think I will just get the winners and sell, so people can build the NBA Draft players.

betaman411

All-Star 1

You think that nominees will change to "winners"? I've saw that the tokens will be changed, but nothing related to players.

I think I will just get the winners and sell, so people can build the NBA Draft players.
I must've missed how this promo is related to the draft? Is that what you're implying?

EDIT: I get it now. You meant the '96 draft set.

Also, looks to me like you get tokens to build Shaq so the players themselves won't be worth more once the winners are announced - is that correct?

yalahat

Rookie 1
betaman411 said:
I must've missed how this promo is related to the draft? Is that what you're implying?

EDIT: I get it now. You meant the '96 draft set.

Also, looks to me like you get tokens to build Shaq so the players themselves won't be worth more once the winners are announced - is that correct?

Yep, I think so. You only need the WINNERS tokens to build Shaq. If you collect now Casey nominee token and he wins the COTY, this token will become Winner Token. If Brad Stevens wins, you keep a "Nominee Token".

You build Shaq with Winners Token, and build Draft Players with nominee players. I hope that winners become at least plat players with a higher ovr or boosts.

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief

The way I see there will be brand new cards for the winners that are pack only or brand new set cards

yalahat

Rookie 1
The way I see there will be brand new cards for the winners that are pack only or brand new set cards

Or maybe they release a set just like Shaq... Maybe a set requiring the nominees from that category.

MVP will require: Lebron, Harden and AD tokens, etc.

I was making some math, with 520 Pick'em Ballots you can get the 98 Shaq and a Draft Plat Player... Pretty grindable, if you acquire the coins/rep pack and finish the live events. I was really hoping more players, let's see if they release more. I will sell this Shaq for sure, how the hell Shaq have lower rebouding stats than my PO Turner Maxed out.

You think there will be a promo related to ALL-NBA Team? (All Defensive First Team, ALL-NBA team, All Rookie Team)

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief

Or maybe they release a set just like Shaq... Maybe a set requiring the nominees from that category.

MVP will require: Lebron, Harden and AD tokens, etc.

I was making some math, with 520 Pick'em Ballots you can get the 98 Shaq and a Draft Plat Player... Pretty grindable, if you acquire the coins/rep pack and finish the live events. I was really hoping more players, let's see if they release more. I will sell this Shaq for sure, how the hell Shaq have lower rebouding stats than my PO Turner Maxed out.

You think there will be a promo related to ALL-NBA Team? (All Defensive First Team, ALL-NBA team, All Rookie Team)

Maybe they do that with the winners no way to tell yet because of all the ways they can go with it and I will also sell Shaq (if they don't make sets like you mentioned) and yes I expect that we get at least All-Defensive 1st team but with TOTY right around the corner there is some doubt that we get an All-NBA team since TOTY will likely use at least half of the All-NBA 1st team players but we didn't get TOTY or All-NBA 1st team last year so it's tricky to predict

Also All-Rookie 1st team is in doubt because 3 of the 5 1st teamers got a POTW/POTM from the rookie oriented TOTW from last month but hopefully we get both of those teams despite the players standing with TOTW or TOTY of future or past

betaman411

All-Star 1
Do you guys think Asia sets will update before global? Wondering if we?ll get a preview of what happens with the Award nominee cards (e.g. will we need them to upgrade the winners, put in a new set or should we do the honors set before it expires?)

Stewie309

NBA Legend
Staff member
Community Chief
Do you guys think Asia sets will update before global? Wondering if we?ll get a preview of what happens with the Award nominee cards (e.g. will we need them to upgrade the winners, put in a new set or should we do the honors set before it expires?)

I'm not sure but if it doesn't update 3 hours prior then it wouldn't be the first time they have both games have maintenance at the same time to put in brand new content based on something that happened less then 12 hours prior but if it does update prior to Global then I'll make sure to have it up here asap

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.