• Welcome! Would you take a moment to register with us? It's a one-click join with your Facebook, Twitter account or register directly with us. Thank you for your continued support!

101 Doug McDermott w/ clutch and boost or 103 Jalen Rose?

Gemilan

Rookie 1
Jalen can hit some 3s but not as constantly as Doug, but in overall I would keep Jalen since higher overall matters with this game.

Jalen, always the higher ovr. A 103 SF is tougher to go against than a 101 ovr with better stats. Ovr is king. Stats really don't matter as much.

betaman411

All-Star 1
Jalen, always the higher ovr. A 103 SF is tougher to go against than a 101 ovr with better stats. Ovr is king. Stats really don't matter as much.
Yes and no. If you have a high OVR then stats matter more. I think Doug is the better play because he can eventually be a bench player on a 104 club. I recently picked up 100 Allen with +4 3pt boost taking my regular 3pt boost to +11 and PG boost to +16 and my lvl quarters have been amazing in terms of 3pt shooting. I have 3 guys over 110 that seemingly can’t miss open 3’s. Of course this will get nerfed when facing other +104’s but this is where stats matter most in my opinion. I’m still convinced there’s some other OVR nerf at play in lvl but I think boosts matter more this season. Just look at some of the higher league teams boosts. Ridiculous with +45 being the norm.

Ailman

Rookie 1
I'm stilling using Doug, I also have Butler but Doug is the best three point shooter on my team. That three point clutch comes in handy in tight games.

Yes and no. If you have a high OVR then stats matter more. I think Doug is the better play because he can eventually be a bench player on a 104 club. I recently picked up 100 Allen with +4 3pt boost taking my regular 3pt boost to +11 and PG boost to +16 and my lvl quarters have been amazing in terms of 3pt shooting. I have 3 guys over 110 that seemingly can’t miss open 3’s. Of course this will get nerfed when facing other +104’s but this is where stats matter most in my opinion. I’m still convinced there’s some other OVR nerf at play in lvl but I think boosts matter more this season. Just look at some of the higher league teams boosts. Ridiculous with +45 being the norm.
That's why I said "as much" lol. Stats definitely are important but not as much as ovr. McDermott on a 104 team plays much better than Jalen on a 101 team. And Jalen on a 104 team would play much better than McDermott on a 101 team which is why I say ovr is king. Also one very important thing most people overlook is the in-game shield indicator above your players head. When its a green shield which as you know means your player has the higher ovr and the advantage, your player usually has it easier. When red your player usually has a disadvantage and everything becomes tougher, from steals, shooting, rebounds etc. That's why I always take the higher ovr player regardless of stats. At the time I even chose 101 LeBron who boosted to 102 easily over McDermott who stayed at 101 on my team, and LeBron performed better despite his terrible stats. I agree though stats are important when facing the same ovr and you have a orange shield indicator.

Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiChees
New members today
New threads today
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.